1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Select Backup Target:" No ISO option??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nucemgd, Mar 20, 2005.

1. nucemgd

nucemgd Member

I've been following this link for ripping and burning my first dvds. http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/reccomended.html

When I get to step [24] I have no options listed in the dropdown menu. All that's there is my NEC 3520A burner. Any ideas??

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Ya install DVD Decrypter by chance? :)

3. nucemgd

nucemgd Member

Yes, I had DVD Decrypter installed first. I didn't think that mattered as according to the tutorial you end up using DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO. As it is, Shrink is burning my discs.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You had?? So is it still installed?

Shrink doesn't burn on it's own. It will auto burn a video_ts file w/ Nero or CopyToDVD ... It will burn a ISO file w/ DVD Decrypter or CopyToDVD. It will create an ISO file which you can burn later w/ DVD Decrypter or CopyToDVD

5. nucemgd

nucemgd Member

Yeah, DVD Decrypter is still installed. I used it to rip the movie. I guess I thought Shrink was burning my dvd 'cause I didn't see any other options in that drop down menu. After it encoded the video it automatically began burning. I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition too.