1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

select language after ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kakalake, Jun 6, 2001.

1. kakalake

kakalake Member

Hello!
    I have a pioneer DVD drive and the AsusDVD 2000 and PowerDVD software. How to switch the language after ripping. i am only able to look the film in english but i want to look the video in german. How to do that

2. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member

Since you're using PowerDVD, I assume you are trying to playback ripped VOBs. Right?

If that is the case you can right-click on the video window in PowerDVD to select the audio track. Some DVD streams have the audio track changing disabled, so you'd have to change it via the menu (which doesn't always work with extracted VOBs).

3. Bobb

Bobb Guest

I have a similar problem where the final compressed movie is in French rather than english. I used smart ripper then Flask. The video is fine, just the audio is in the wrong language

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You picked the wrong audio track when began converting the video with Flask -- use the DVD selection feature and there you should see the list of audio tracks available for that movie. Pick the correct one and convert the video again.