1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selectively Remove Extras w/out DVDShink???

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by zonkermjd, Aug 22, 2007.

1. zonkermjd

zonkermjd Member

Can the extras be selectively removed in Nero Recode ver 7? I have been looking thru the manual and have not found anything.

I know I can use DVD Shrink, but I was hoping to save a step.

Any suggestions or threads to look at?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi zonkermjd
    It's similar to the way you do it in Shrink.

Click in the + next extras in Recode. Then click on each title. For the ones you want to remove - well just like Shrink it inserts an image or color - click on 'disable' then pick custom color.

3. zonkermjd

zonkermjd Member

Hi Binkie7,

I am a bit confused.

In shrink, I import the files I want to shrink and do a recode. It pulls up a list of all the files in the VST. The files I want (e.g., main movie) I preview then add to the list. Once I have all the files I want I click burn and away we go. In Nero, there seems to be a series of sliders that you can increase or decrease the ratios, but I cannot remove the unwanted files. Is there a guide that goes into this in greater detail? I don't get the "image or colors" thing. Keep in mind: I am new to Nero but not new to computers.

btw, love the winged puppy!!!

4. binkie7

Ok - sounds like you're using the reauthor option in Shrink - I think.
    The option like that in Recode would be 'compile a dvd'.

This might help - just a basic guide for Recode - link though doesn't go into the disable feature but you can see it in the screen shots.

Yep the sliders are the compression ratio bit - Recode also gives you the option in increase or decrease it.

5. zonkermjd

zonkermjd Member

Yes, reauthor not recode. Still does not make sense to me but I will work on it. My goal is to remove all but one of the extras in Nero thus avoiding the extra step of using DVDShrink.

Thanks Binkie!

6. binkie7

Gotcha - so 'compile a dvd' would be the option that you want with Recode. It's the middle one.
    That one is very similar to reauthor in Shrink.
    You can add the main movie then add the one extra (or as many as you like) using 'import title'. When adding the titles it will also preview them for you.
    I hope this makes some sense - if not just post back.