1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

selling banned 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SFisher21, May 29, 2007.

1. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

i just checked on ebay and i don't see one modded 360 for sale. are people selling them on ebay and not saying it is modded or banned?

reason i ask is just because i am looking at selling my 360, and i was very surprised to see none on ebay.

someone also told me the eb games/gamestop is buying the banned 360's. true or false?

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

You aren't allowed to openly sell modded systems on Ebay. The occasional will slip by, but if ebay notices it they will pull it. That's why you don't seeing any. I bet a few of the ones being sold as broken are modded.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I doubt either one of those we'll make it to their close dates. The first seller is just insane for asking price. $560 shipped for a used modded premium with Oblivion, Gears guide a $30 steel wheeland 17 burned games? yeah right!!!

5. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

that would explain it. the first one might make it through since he never says it has been modded, just flashed with kreon. no one will probably bid though.

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Hmmm it looks like the 1st seller may have been taken by the old fake money order scam.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  7. monteca

monteca Regular member

glad you pointed that out...i know the sell price just wasnt even close to right

8. latino209

latino209 Regular member

wow thats amazing the first one was sold for US $3,383.00 winning bid

9. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I've been constantly trying to put my brothers PS3 up and some dumb ass from Kenya keeps bidding $4,000 trying to scam me. I wonder why ebay can't controll that shit...I don't even really sell on ebay much anymore because the 3 times I tried to sell it I get a scamming bidder.

10. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I sell tons on ebay with no problems, but I never do I a BIN unless I made a private deal with someone and they just want to use ebay to complete the transaction. As long as you monitor your auctions and delete any shaddy bids you should be fine. I will say to get tons of scam as bogus questions. I wish ebay could do something about that.

I'll explain the fake money order scam for those who don't know:

- Someone pays an insane amount for an item for like the 360 in the 1st ebay link and pays with a money order.

- The seller deposits the money order which looks legit and it "clears". It's messed up, but it really takes banks a month to clear money orders or cashier checks due to using an out of date check system.

- The buyer requests a few hundred bucks be sent western union, because the money order was more than the meant to get or whatever bs reason. The seller generally will send the money union to the scammer. He has no problem sending it, because the $3,300 is in his bank account. He'll ship the item too.

- Then about 1 month later his bank notifies him that the money order was no good and they take all the money back and if he doesn't have it all in there he owes them all of it. So the seller is out of his item and personal money that he sent.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  11. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You speak the truth my friend, but I always seem to catch myself assuming people of this forum have the common sense enough to see shit like this. :)
    But, sadly... they usually don't. So nice work explaining the scam to them.