1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

selling my 360 but want the HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mufaa, Apr 29, 2007.

1. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Alright i am selling my 360 to buy another one (from NSTCJ to PAL) but i want to retain the HDD.

I don't need anything from my console except the save files of Crackdown. Is there anyway i can save them (except of course the memory unit method)?

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

You can try to get the migration cable,like the one which comes together with the elite,with this i think you can transfer all your saved games from one hdd to another one.If you can find one and at much cheaper price than a memory card,then you can go for it.

Vincent.

3. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

4. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Thanks for the reply guys.

I will try to buy that hardware but it's kind of out of reach for me now. A little too steep.

Anyway, i communicated this news with my friend and he says your save files stays with your GT....so if i recover my GT on the new hard drive, i will get the saves too. True? I couldn't believe it but it would be awesome if it were true.

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I don't think that's possible,because your gamer tag simply reflects what has been saved in your hdd,i mean your achievements and gamer score and doesn't act as a bank for storing all your game save files.But that would be awesome if really it could be as you said,but it's not.

Vincent.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

7. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

^^So recovering your GT recovers your save files too? I do have Xbox Live but it's an Sliver account. So will it work? Any side effects of recovering a GT? Will it hurt modded console in anyway or loose any important data?

8. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Recover your gamer tag is not recovering your games saves,only your gamer score and achievements for each game you've played.

Vincent.

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You can recover your gamertag... but I don't think you'll recover your save points (where you're at in the middle of a game). That's stored in your hard drive.

10. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

can't i open the hd up and then take the actual drive and connect it with a sata cable on to my via6421 and use x360 explorer to save stuff onto my pc????????