1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi-Brick vs. Brick

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by amr1991, Jun 9, 2007.

1. amr1991

amr1991 Member

What is the difference between a semi-brick and a real brick, I know that OE firmwares can unbrick a semi-brick, but is it possible to fix a real brick?

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you can't fix a full brick ,when you have a full brick or you buy a new motherboard or you buy a modchip

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  3. amr1991

amr1991 Member

What would one have to do to make a PSP really bricked, and what would you have to do to make a semi-brick.

4. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

On a Custom firmware like 3.03 OE- C it is possible to fix a full brick.

Shutting your PSP off during a firmware update or an unsuccessful downgrade would cause a full brick..something like flashing a bad gameboot would most likely cause a semi-brick.

5. amr1991

amr1991 Member

So if I totally mess up the PSP, say failed a firmware upgrade/downgrade, I can fix the brick with 3.03 OE-A?

6. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

i think that a full brick is when we can't acess recovery mode,and if we can't acess recovery we can't fix it

or exists another way to fix the psp?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  7. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

no, their aren't any other ways, its just that all is required to meet the "full" brick criteria is a PSP that will not boot up(which can be caused by a few bad rcos in the Resource folder of the flash).. only a green light will turn on. Pretty much unless you delete the recovery by hand it will still work.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  8. amr1991

amr1991 Member

So would it be better for me to buy the Undiluted Platinum or just get an OE firmware? If I fully brick my PSP with OE can I buy the Undiluted Platinum and then put it on then fix the brick?