1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi Bricked / Bricked PSP - Upgrading to 3.03 OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by x2dazee, Jan 17, 2007.

1. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Basically i upgraded my own psp succesfully times comes to a mates and i bricked it.

The story goes so far...FW 2.0 > 1.5 Success...

- 1.5 - 3.03 OE-A - update maker done....dxar file created.
    - Running update completed successfully dxar file was validated and i was prompted to turn the psp off manually i dont know here what i did different.

The AC was plugged in [and for some reason] i thought you couldnt do a manual turn off with the AC so i unplugged it and it didnt turn off so i pulled the battery out [i think] or somehow turned the psp off [like normal]but now the psp loads but stays @ a black screen reading the mem card constantly.

I took the memcard out formatted it in another psp and tried again but now i have managed to get the recovery console up.

But can't boot the eboot.pbp option have tried creating a recovery folder as found on many sites with the 1.5 FW renamed as UPDATE.PBP [and other various files] Doesnt work.
    -Also tried using dxar.file and eboot.pbp in psp\game\RECOVERY\ and running it doesnt work

Just stays black and constantly reading the memory card but doesnt turn off as i have read before with other issues

Also i can't flash any of files found within the Recov console states a read error or something similar. This was another alternative i cant try yet !!!!

So is there a way to check the FW im on..etc
    -and it seems the problem lied within restarting the psp manually after everything was done takes the pi$$ because that's the last step apart from the firmware hack [where you replace your psp folder]

And replace my flash files i have copies for 1.50 and 3.00 is that correct ??

Also looking to try this other method as well...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/447329
    Post - 16. January 2007 @ 16:56

Also can you confirm if my psp is bricked or semi bricked

Many thanks for any help - appreciated !!

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

ok, if you can access the recovery mode, this is known as a semi-bricked (a brick where you cant access ANYTHING). anyway, in the recovery folder, how many files did you have? in it are supposed to be a couple of .prxs and an eboot. heres a link to the 3.02 oe installer http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/966 (i know) but it has a recovery folder in there so install that and try to run eboot from the recovery menu.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  3. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Well i couldnt create the RECOVERY folder via the recovery mode so i created it and placed a custom made recovery folder much your like your askin and ran the eboot.pbp and it just goes black and does nothing. [had other files with the relevant eboot.pbp]

I also have heard try flashing the system.prcx files something like that but my psp cant access them for some weird reason..

Any ideas ??

Edit - no link ??

Plus @ work havent got psp with me but any relevant feedback will be tried and tested..

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Oh sorry, i thought i put that link in there. Check the other post i made. Toggle usb in recovery mode and then use the installer, but just install the recovery folder.

5. guano

guano Regular member

Just use this. Put this in the recovery folder (IDK why you say you can't - if you can get to recovery, then you can open your PSP on your pc via USB.) and run this. It will bring you back down to 1.50.

http://fwi.psp-tuts.net/Downloads/OERECOVERY.rar

6. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Which post sorry still no link..what other folders does it have also when using the recovery does it matter the other psp folders are there ??

7. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Hey thanks sorry what included is this my company intranet has blocked it under "hacking" lol IDK my self whenever i put anything in the recovery folder and then click the 3rd option under recovery mode..

- Recover \psp\game\recovery\eboot.pbp it doesnt work just go to the black screen with memcard light flashing and nothing happes..

Is something insteantous supposed to happen like some text on the screen indicating whats happening or does it take some time

thanks

8. lommer

lommer Member

flash the the system.prcx1.50 but you need first to Obtain the systemctrl.prx from a 3.02OEB...there are diffrent types of the system.prcx dark alex said .others can be used

try this one i made a readme file for you inside the folder

www.zshare.net/download/systemctrl-rar.html

9. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Thanks for the help at work at the mo and your link is blocked lol

I also stated before i couldnt flash any files before [plz see first post, this is done via the recov mode configuration right ??]

Or do i use the systemctrl.prx and put it in a "reflash" folder as seen here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/447329
    Post - 16. January 2007 @ 16:56

Then will it work ??

10. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Also if i could get these questions answered it'b appreciated.

1. My PSP has been est has semi-bricked doest that mean it can be recovered or a slim chance

2. Since ive tried recovery option with the correct files in the recovery folder and when recovery option is clicked it reverts to a black screen with nothing happening..Is that odd ??

11. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

1. a semi-brick is fixable, a bricked is when your psp screwed
    2. try charging your battery, some downgraders wont work if the battery percent is lower then 70

12. Volsfan91

Volsfan91 Member

Okay, freeze. Before you go around screwing with a total
    reflashing, there's something you need to check that many people miss and waste a lot of their time.

In the recovery menu, check the following two things:
    a) make sure the system isn't autorunning an EBOOT
    b) make sure no PRX's are loaded. These can cause issues.

13. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Isnt this done via the advanced option or something similar and aernt these all set of default as "default". If not please enlighten me thanks

Also i can't seem to flash anything get a read error or i have to do this first ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flash the the system.prcx1.50 but you need first to Obtain the systemctrl.prx from a 3.02OEB...there are diffrent types of the system.prcx dark alex said .others can be used

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. lommer

lommer Member

like i said reflash first and then you will be able to use the recovery downgrade to 1.50....

if you want another option
    than downgrading to 1.50 and upgrading you can use this methode to reflash to 3.02OE put this recovery file in the game folder
    go to recovery menu and run PSP / GAME / RECOVERY / EBOOT.PBP

here is the recovery file i made its including the DATA.DXAR of 3.02OE

i will leave it 2 days available for you to download after that i'm gonna delete it from the site!!
    recovery(dat.dxar) http://www.zshare.net/download/recovery-rar-gf6.html

15. lommer

lommer Member

Also i can't seem to flash anything get a read error or i have to do this first ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote]

you cannot flash without the prx file i explained to you what to do!

you get this error reading ms0:/reflash/systemctrl.prx because it can't find the prx file

16. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Does it matter that i installed 3.03 OE-A

17. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

you cannot flash without the prx file i explained to you what to do!

you get this error reading ms0:/reflash/systemctrl.prx because it can't find the prx file [/quote]

Understood this is what i wanted to confirm..

So as it stands i shall - Follow the step by :

Originally posted by Volsfan91:
    Okay, freeze. Before you go around screwing with a total
    reflashing, there's something you need to check that many people miss and waste a lot of their time.

In the recovery menu, check the following two things:
    a) make sure the system isn't autorunning an EBOOT
    b) make sure no PRX's are loaded. These can cause issues.

Then carry out what your asking of me and then finally use :

http://fwi.psp-tuts.net/Downloads/OERECOVERY.rar [or something similar]

and retry the recovery... sounds cool

18. lommer

lommer Member

yep

and please try not to double post so i can follow your questions use the edit button..

19. x2dazee

x2dazee Member

Yeah sorry about that also your other option

"if you want another option
    than downgrading to 1.50 and upgrading you can use this methode to reflash to 3.02OE put this recovery file in the game folder
    go to recovery menu and run PSP / GAME / RECOVERY / EBOOT.PBP

here is the recovery file i made its including the DATA.DXAR of 3.02OE "

Is it worth trying this method and to confirm it only has the data.dxar and nothing else cause i also tried this not sure what FW the dxar file was with an eboot.pbp as well and it didnt work.

Also only reflash the 1.50 system.prcx not the 3.00 @ all !!??

20. lommer

lommer Member

flash only 1.50

data.dxar works for 3.02oe