1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi-Bricked PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jedl21, Aug 2, 2007.

1. jedl21

jedl21 Member

Hi, I recently semi-bricked my PAL wii by running NTSC mario strikers. Then i read here that the PAL BBA can fix it with that update. But when i run BBA the update seems to be stuck half way through. Could anyone help me out please? I can't access settings and have duped news and weatther channel. Also my date and time is messed up.
    Cheers

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off the Mario Strikers NTSC version more then likley has the same firmware version # as the PAL BBA has since the NTSC version was just released. So using the PAL BBA more then likley will not fix your semi-brick issue due to having the same firmware version # (2.2).

As for the duplicated channels as of now there have been no solution for this problem. People have tried a few things and the channels can not be deleted. However you can send the channel to another page so it is out of the way. Do this by holding B+A and dragging them over to the right bringing them to the 2nd or 3rd page.

You will not be able to correct the time and date until you get the Wii Settings unbricked.

The next step is for you to wait till a PAL Game comes out that has a higher firmware then the firmware that had bricked your Wii Settings.

Don't ask when Nintendo will update the firmware only they know. So you could be waiting a while or it could be in a few days. It is up to Nintendo when they release a higher firmware and place that on a game disc.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. darafagan

darafagan Member

Hello,

I was wondering if my situation could be helped. I have a wiikey and it has been working perfectly, I got a copy of Pokemon(NTSC-U), I updated my console with this game, obviously a bad idea considering I have a PAL console. Is there a way of saving my console when the 2.3 update comes out? I am just having issues with the settings menu,

Thx

Dara