1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

semi-bricked PSP 1.5 , 3.10

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by FNnoob, May 5, 2007.

1. FNnoob

FNnoob Member

So I F***ED up my PSP (1005). i was trying to erase some movies i had and instead of using the PSP to format the flash i used the computer and i think i formated the entire PSP. Here is where i stand i can get the recovery mode screen, but when i try to use "auto run program at /PSP/game/boot/eboot.pbp (curretly disabled)" it goes black and dosent do anything.
    i can enable the USB but i cant seem to get anything working

in the configuratiuon screen i have in the "game folder homebrew (currently 3.10 kernel)", i can change it to gamefolder homebrew (currently 1.5 kernel)" but that dosent seem to do anything

Please dont laugh to hard at me i just bought the thing and the instructions came in chinese so i didnt read them. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

ur screwed, nothing u can do. if u cant reach the run eboot option, u can do aything.

congrats, u have a $200 paperweight!

3. FNnoob

FNnoob Member

Thanks for the info i guess i will have to look at either buying a new / used PSP, or trying to replace the motherboard -- any recommendations on a company / person / ebay seller that is good to deal with??

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

no, i don't know anyone, i've never had to have my psp fixed

5. MagicCake

MagicCake Member

Wait, do you still have access to all the normal PSP menus and stuff? I don't see how you would have accidently wiped the internal flash memory by trying to erase movies from the memory stick... If you can get to the recovery menu but not run the recovery eboot, then it sounds like you just deleted your data, not screwed up your PSP.

6. jackfood

jackfood Regular member

Can you transfer file into PSP in recovery mode?

Can you change any setting in recovery mode?

Can you access flash0 through USB?

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

if u can acess flaash0 then ur good now just to find somebody with the files and can u recover to 1.5