1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEMI bricked PSP 3.03OEC

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by VanTwest, Mar 4, 2007.

1. VanTwest

VanTwest Member

Hi,

I was messing around with the flash 0 resource files, trying to install Black32XMB theme i screwed it up when i booted in all i got was a blank white screen with the battery icon, i then replaced those files with the files i backed up from my previous resource folder but when i loaded in i heard the psp load in sound the wave moves for 2 seconds then just freezes no icons nothing. I can load into recovery mode but when i go to run game at PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP it just goes to a black blank screen for 10second then switches off.......please someone help me

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

most likely, your recovery folder has been changed since install of topmenu_plugin.rco or OE-C.....use Hex's Recovery Winstaller, and this should totally fix your problem...

Have fun, and make sure to check the sizes of whatever you flash to flash0.....this is the easiest way to brick / semi-brick a psp....(especially with that damned ultimate black xmb BS, ive seen a lot of people with bricked psp's cause of that stupid XMB........make your own customs bro!)

good luck

3. VanTwest

VanTwest Member

I have that program and i follow what it says "click on run psp/game/recover/eboot.pbp or whatever it is but when i do that all i get is blank black screen....thanks for your help but me being kinda noob at this whole custom firmware thing means i need a little more guidance.

,twest

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

i know that you have recovery already on your psp...what im telling you is that it is most likely corrupt and that you need to re-install the recovery prxs....i know that you have recovery, and the option to run eboot at game/boot/eboot.pbp.......but what you need to realize is that this option will not work if it is not valid...

my psp did the same sh!t man....take your time and read that again...

5. VanTwest

VanTwest Member

Ok, sorry i am kinda new to this. Can you just give me a step by step guide for how to use it in recovery mode and what to do,please

thanks,
    vantwest

6. xupal

xupal Member

wait! that happened to me u have to go to the themes and change it to the first one

7. psp_crazy

psp_crazy Member

listen! This happened to me before!

Don't do all that hex crap!

Delete all the files in the Recovery folder and leave the 1.5 firmware update. If it's called UPDATE.PBP, rename it to EBOOT.PBP.

It's gonna be glitchy, but you'll go through the 1.5 update, and it will be blank, white screen. Press right a few times, then click X.

A blue loading bar will show...and wait. Then, you should be on 1.5!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  8. VanTwest

VanTwest Member

Or could someone send me there vsh\resource folder, from the Flash 0 for 3.03OEC? Would that work, i know i deleted some other files accidentally was overwhelmed by idiocy at the time....oooooh my PSP is gonna look tight...then EFFFFF

9. psp_crazy

psp_crazy Member

I wouldn't risk using other peoples...

Why won't you listen to me? Dude it works.

10. VanTwest

VanTwest Member

im just not sure, thats all, no offence you are most probably right but i like everyones opinion before i do something that may ultimately screw my psp entirely over, if i do downgrade to 1.5 again and the install corrupts then what no more recovery menu.....please dont take offence i just need some more opinions.

thanks,

11. psp_crazy

psp_crazy Member

Alright...let me give you more options!

1. A fresh vsh/resource...here. (try that it won't hurt at all)

2. Or do what I said earlier.

I hope I helped!

12. VanTwest

VanTwest Member

OMG.....thanks man changing that resource folder did the trick.....see that was easier then reinstalling again, problem is like you said anyone could give you a bad resource folder then your really screwed. This forum rocks such nice people...except that guy who asked whether the PSP plays Blu Ray disks....ROFL

thankyou,