1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEMI-BRICKED PSP. HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by oFREAKo, Mar 3, 2007.

1. oFREAKo

oFREAKo Member

my symtoms are my PSP cant read my umd and whenever i on my psp it just hangs. But when i take out my UMD it wont hang and goes to the Menu. But when i put in my UMD it hangs again. And when i try to put my PSP to sleep, the light indicator blinks rapidly and then it goes off and not to sleep. Can anyone help me with it?

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

thats no semi-brick....your psp still works, probably just need to re-install firmware....

hold the power button up for no longer than 1 second, and see if your psp wont go into sleep mode....if you hold power down longer than a second or two, it may not go straight to sleep.....

3. oFREAKo

oFREAKo Member

but i just hold it up for a moment n it went off. is there any program that can help me?

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

what firmware do you have? I would re-install the FW depending on the one you're running....

5. oFREAKo

oFREAKo Member

mine is a 3.30 oea supposedly.. but when i got this problem, i did a revocery mode and it went back 1.5.

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

awe man...that sucks.......well...not really......if youre already back to 1.5...i would just install OE-C on there now, to make it easier...2.if youre already at 1.5 then going to OE-C is cake....just dont upgrade to anything higher than OE-C....Its the only firmware which i can personally recommend....

with OE-C using hex's winstallers, you can add recover back to 1.5, or to 3.03 OE-C even up to 3.10 OE-A.....

check it out, dont destroy your psp....peaces