1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi-Bricked PSP please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by h6joanto, Jan 13, 2007.

1. h6joanto

h6joanto Member

please please help me!

i think i may have bricked my psp today when i used theme psp from dcemu.co.uk forums. i tried putting a darthvader theme on it and i got the blue screen of death, the one that tells you to press circle to restore settings. but when i do press circle it comes right back up.

my psp runs 3.02eb firmware. i dont think its completely bricked because i can still play umd games and i can access the restore menu when i hold the R trigger and turn it on. i can also toggle the usb on and off.

is there any way i can use restore to get my psp working again? I dont think i still have all the files for recovery because i lost my other memory card which had the recovery folder on it. when i tried to recover it it said that update.prb or something was missing...

please help me i beg you!!

2. bryceee

bryceee Guest

get the recovery files, then replace the EBOOT.PBP file with the 3.03 OE-A upgrade. it should recover..mine did.

3. h6joanto

h6joanto Member

thanks for the quicky reply

where do i get the recovery files from?

and which eboot.prb are you talking about, i think im seeing more than one here

4. h6joanto

h6joanto Member

this is what it says when i try to recover:

extracting special prx's from pbp...

cannot find update.pbp

then it goes back to the blue screen. what am i missing?

anyone?

5. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

your missing the 1.5 eboot,get that and rename it to update.pbp

6. lommer

lommer Member

relaxed mate this should help its a psp brick fixer for 3.02oe and 3.03oe this will install all the files you need

download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p5v7rj

note: don't mess with psp themes an xflash using custom firmware!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  7. h6joanto

h6joanto Member

thanks so much to everyone, i got it working. i ended up having to downgrade to 1.5 but now am back to 3.02oeb

8. Hipac

Hipac Member

Can sum1 help me please i have dark_alex's 2.71 se sumthing the latest version and i did what i shouldnt do and that was use the themes on custom firmware and have semi bricked my psp i tried the stuff u told the other guy above and it doesnt seem 2 b working can u help me please i really am sick of homebrew.

thankx

9. Hipac

Hipac Member

Actually iam right i fixed it its jst that i didnt know where to find the recovery files and then it did the same as the other guy then i followed what u said so thankx man....

10. lordv88

lordv88 Guest

2.71 isn't very up-to-date lol

11. Hipac

Hipac Member

Well i now have 3.03OE-A and i jst need to kno how to put IRSHELL on it under game and also the option of having it the boot folder. So any help would be much appreciated
    thankx

12. Hipac

Hipac Member

ok ignore the last post aswell cos i got it working under GAME but i still havnt got it working under GAME/BOOT/ but i dnt care cos i like the option at startup of being able to go to XMB rather than goin to IRSHEL. recently i have been trying to copy the files from Star wars BFII from the UMD to the memory stick but it must b bigger than 220MG cos my friend copied dynasty warriors and it was only 100MG and was playin it which was pretty cool i thought cos u can save money on buying games. Now for a ?'n can u download UMD games of the internet or off like Lime wire?

PSP FW 3.03OE-A

13. bash247

bash247 Regular member

downgrade back to 1.5

14. Hipac

Hipac Member

HELL NO Bash247 3.03oe-a is awsome its like havin the latest FW and the homebrew plus 1.5 doesnt have the net and i want the net cos i have a wireless router...

15. noDS

noDS Regular member

I somehow managed to semi-brick my psp as well.
    I did copy the recovery files into the game folder on my psp. Ran the recovery programme on my psp. It then just freezes for a while and then switches off. Does anyone know what i could be doing wrong or what I should do?? PLEASE!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

16. darktaz

darktaz Member

I have a semi-bricked psp to using theme psp ,the blue scren keeps appearing each time i press "O" and i cant acess the xmb menu. The thing is that i have 1.50 and there is no recovery. I was wondering if there is something that could run before the blue screen appear,putting some files in the root of the memory stick. please i need help

17. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

u have a partial brick....but I think that's about all your psp will do now. Dont know of any way of getting it back either.

18. Hipac

Hipac Member

Hey ppl who have semi bricked their psp. if u read the previous posts to where a person has told u that u have to name the EBOOTS other things cos i had the same problem with the screen freeze it is fixable and when/if you fix it go straight to 3.03OE-B (i think or the latest D_A FW). If u read from the top post and that will tell u what to do. And i am running FW 3.03OE-B and i couldnt be happier cos it has the net and i have wireless router and othe cool stuff like viualisations for music so FW 1.5 is rather pathetic now and i could downgrade whenever i wanted. SO do the above things and let me kno..

hope this answers some Q'Ns

19. shawn14

shawn14 Guest

listen i can help u this has happend to me and ive fixed it.. ok listen up i am only here because i feel bad for u lot cos i just briked my psp and i cant fix it .. its fully briked :(.. u should have a folder wit eboot.pbp .ect .ect ..and then a recovery file rename it update.. put it in the recovery folder in ure GAME folder if it dont work tr putting it in this folder ... PSP>GAME150>RECOVERY.. i hope this helps if not contact me on the_welshiest_2k7@hotmail.co.uk... that goes for all psp users lookin for help!! btw dont unplug ure ac while up/downgrading itll fully brick and oh ye dont trust pspset v1.1 and call sony say u were upgarding to play a game say it just 'turned off' and then it broke they should do it for free if not get a new one for that one for £65 at sonycentre happy psping

20. todorov

todorov Member

Hey everybody!Can someone please help me? I was downgrading my psp from 2.71 to 1.50. However mine it's a TA-082...Ups!As a result it bricked!!!Now it turn it on and only the green light is alive!!!Even pressing the R button to obtain recover menu doesn't work!!!I will try to put some recovery file in the memory stick with a card reader but could someone tell me which files to put there?I can't find recover files for 2.71 anywhere....