1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

semibricks on upgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by degstenk, Mar 28, 2007.

1. degstenk

degstenk Member

hi,

tried to upgrade to 3.03 oe-c from 1.5 but the PSP semibricks everytime I try it, I recover back to 1.5 and same story again, tried with 3.10 oe-a to, same there, turns on, and goes black for 30 sec or something.

got to 3.03 from 3.10 and it worked... for a while, then it just semibricked out of nowhere..

any ideas?

2. tsumiro

tsumiro Guest

thats a hard one.... if you didnt the first time, the best thing to do with that, is copy all of the files on your mem stick, to your computer, and then reformat your card, and then put the files for the upgrade/downgrade. this prevents you from screwin up the install. also your psp must be plugged in, and you should always give it a while (a pretty long while) to see if it works (about 3 min shoul suffice) if you can give me more specifics, i might be able to help you better...

3. degstenk

degstenk Member

I did format the mem stick before I started.. =/

after the 3.03 oeC install is complete, I reboot the PSP and it loads for like 3-4 sec and then shows me the "PSP tm " loggo an turns itself "off", (gives me a black screen)

When I recover to 1.5 it works as nothing has happened :S

dont know what to do realy...

4. tsumiro

tsumiro Guest

try 3.10 oe-a again... whats your psp model?

also, when you are in the recovery mode (im not sure how you do this with 3.03 oec...) go to advanced/usb flash0. look around in there, and check out in the forums more about it.

5. degstenk

degstenk Member

when I removed the UMD disk it started, wierd, so now it works. =)