1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send from computer to mobile phone

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by deezalboy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

I`ve received an email on my computer with an attachment. The attachment, which is a ring tone can be played by clicking the radio button. Is there a way to send the attachment to my mobile phone please?

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

You can if you use chrome. It's called chrome to phone app, install it on your computer then get on your phone and download the app to your phone and follow the instructions.

3. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

I looked at that but it seems to be Android phones only. I just have an ordinary Nokia 2200.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I'm also thinking you might be able to open the email on the phone and download the ring tone straight to your phone.

5. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

The email is on my computer

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

dump it & get a phone that can connect direct to the comp with usb cable you can then transfer whatever you want including making your own ring tones,if your phone can connect then get the cable,the nokia suite can be downloaded from nokia

7. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

Thanks. Dump it?? It takes money to buy another phone. The ringtone attachment is on my computer.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  8. 1nsan3

1nsan3 Regular member

doesnt your phone have a memory card?

9. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

The ringtone is in an attachment to the email. Every phone has a sim card-memory card?

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

he might be onto something does the sim card work in a card reader & once again check the specs or manufacturers website to see if you can buy a cable so you can attach it to the comp it looks late enough for it to do so it must be an added extra,if there is no such cable then you'll have t wait till you can afford a new phone,in the meantime look into creating your ring tones it's real easy

11. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i was thinking set up another email account one you can access from your phone and email it to yourself.usb,sd card,blue tooth,infa red are all other ways to transfer files to your phone but im not sure if your phone supports any of them features.back in 2007 i use to pick a song put it on the sterio loud and use record function on my phone i'd get the ringtone but the quality wasnt always good.
    just had another idea if you can find a website that can send the ringtone to your phone as an mms for free you could get it that way.