1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sending flashed 360 to microsoft?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gamer0313, Jul 14, 2007.

1. gamer0313

gamer0313 Guest

my friends 360 is starting to go. its getting the 3ROL more and more frequently. he wants to send it in to get it repaired but it is modded with a flashed drive. would it be ok to send it in or should he restore it back to normal? if he does send it in flashed, do you think anything will happen or will microsoft just send him a refurbished console?

2. monomach

monomach Member

If I were MS, I would definitely check the firmware before fixing or replacing anything. It'd be a great way to reduce my financial exposure as far as the warranty goes.

That being said, who knows if they do? They could be busy enough to skip past that, but I'd restore it to MS-developed firmware before sending it in...Just in case. He can always re-flash it after it comes back fixed.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

I bought mine from ghost2fitters,it came with 12 month warranty with them
    I asked about the "3yr" warranty microsoft was offering,and if it would be void because of the extreme firmware it has
    I was told after there 12 month warranty ran out,and the console needed repairing,the 2 years i had left would still be ok,as long if i sent it back so they could restore it back to its original state
    So i guess thats what you need to do,then reflash once repaired