1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sent my XBOX360 in to get fixed!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by babaloo, Apr 26, 2007.

1. babaloo

babaloo Guest

I have a question that I am curious about. I sent my 360 in to get fixed and I received a different 360 in return. Did my 360 get lost in the shuffle and I received a new 360 or did I get a refurbished one? If so did microsoft stick it to me or did I get a pretty good system? Why didn't they just fix my old one? Where they trying to be considerate and give me a refurbished one so I would not have to wait on them fixing my old one? Or were they being cheap, could I call them and tell them I want my old system back or is this one in mint conditon?

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Most probably you have received a refurbished one and not trying to make you worry but it's been reported in several cases where people who sent their consoles to fix and got refurbished ones from Microsoft,these will last only one to two weeks or three weeks max and would die on them eventually.In fact Microsoft already had a stock of refurbished consoles they got from people who have returned their consoles for repairing and already fixed them(but cannot considered as mint),so whenever someone returns his xbox,MS will not bother opening his/her own console,take time to repair it and return that person the same one,in fact they will just give the person another console they have already fixed,to make it as fast as possible.So it's most likely that it's someone else who will be getting your xbox after sending his/her console to MS for repair.
    That sucks but that's the way MS seems to operate.That's why when some people who get their console broken,they will not even try sending it back to MS as they already know what they will be getting,instead they will just try to sell it on ebay as broken one,at a cheaper price,then will add the difference to get themselves a brand new xbox360.

Vincent.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Isn't that so nice of MS to just step on customers even when they are down...If I want my system fixed I want my system back, not some worse shape beat up system that the previous owner scratched up or whatever.

4. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

your right guys it is a poor way to do buisness.

but i suppose with the amount of broken boxes they have had to fix that if they were to place people in a queue to get there own box repaired and then sent back to them again you could find yourself waiting for weeks rather days to get sorted out

but on the other hand that is there own damn fault and they should have made them better qaulity in the first place

best of luck

5. 78674523

78674523 Member

The MAIN problem with the way Microsoft handles the repairs like that is when you get someone else's refurbished box you are taking a much larger chance than they may realize. It is from XBL. When you get banned from XBL the unique # of that box specifically gets banned, not your IP as most believe. It would be an easy strategy if banned to send it in and hope for a different return.