1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Separate English and French titles combined?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DGenerate, Feb 10, 2005.

1. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

I used DVD Decrypter (version 3.5.1.0) in File mode to rip [bold]Troy[/bold]. When I opened it in Nero Recode, Titles 1 and 5 (English and French versions, respectively) were combined, resulting in a 5 hour main movie file...obviously, this would have to be greatly compressed to fit on a DVD+R.

How can I rip movies like this, and keep the titles separate?

2. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

Anyone?

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I believe that Troy could be handled by using DVD Shrink only. But even if that wasn't the case, using DVD Decrypter first to rip and DVD Shrink to encode would of given you the ability to remove all audio of your choice before final burn. I have Shrink set to only allow English audio, un-ticking all other foreign audio automatically.

4. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

yes, would be a lot of compression and good movie ;)

decrypter unnecessary, dvd shrink v3.2

Achilles!

5. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

Hi Scuba and ashroy...I think the point you guys are missing (because I guess I didn't explain it properly in the first place) is that, when I rip the movie, I get Title 1 (English) and Title 5 (French) merged into one Title...they appear in Recode as "Title 1,5". Meaning, I get the full movie video twice, with a French audio stream and an English audio stream.

So, while I can strip out the French track, I still get 5+ hours of video to compress, rather than 2 1/2 hours.

Does anyone know, is it DVD Decrypter that is doing this, or is it Nero Recode? And is there a way, using these programs, that I can rip Troy with the two titles unmerged?