1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seperating video from audio....

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by {TKO}, Feb 11, 2004.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

how can i seperate the audio from the video? i think the file is wmv, but i'm at work now so i am not sure. but what would i need for most formats?

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

You should be able to open your movie with Goldwave and save to your desired format(wav, mp3, ogg etc). Get the trial version here: http://www.goldwave.com/release.html

However if your file isn't wmv after all, there are other ways to do this.

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

actually i realized it is mpeg. what other ways?

4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

You can still use Goldwave, but there's a freeware alternative method that works just as well. Get yourself Virtualdub MPEG2(just in case you have an mpeg-2 file). Get it here: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/

Once you get it running, open your mpeg with it and go to the audio menu and select "Full Processing Mode". Go to the file menu and select "Save WAV" and choose a file name. This will create a fairly large PCM wav file that you can then convert to whatever your desired format is. You can actually convert to other formats with Vdub as well but you didn't specify what kind of audio file you wanted to make. Either way, any decent audio converter will accept wav files as an input source.

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

it worked with virtualdub....thanx guys...you rule

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If it was Mpeg then all you needed to do was Demux the File useing something like the "Simple Demultiplex" feature in Tmpgenc....