1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serioius Encoding problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pali311, Apr 14, 2005.

1. pali311

pali311 Member

Hey everyone. Its my first time on these forums. Looks like a helpful place.

My problem is that every single time, after 10 seconds of encoding, no matter what program I'm using, it crashes.

Now I have disabled all my startup programs and deleted any conflicting programs that are associated with burning. I also updated my ASPI etc.

I have a top of the line system with:
    AMD FX-51 processor
    1gig Corsair XMS
    2 200gig WD HD
    GeForce 6800GT
    SB Audigy gamer
    500W psu
    Zalman water cooling

During the process of analyzing the DVD and the start of encoding, my processor only heats up to 30c. So I know the problem isnt heat related. My dvd burner didnt come with any software and I was told would run fine off of the windows drivers.

Its a NEC DVD+-RW. I am trying to burn onto - DVDs.

I currently tried using DVD Shrink. It analyzed the DVD fine. When I went to encode it to an ISO it crashed within 10 seconds just like the other programs. A window popped up saying.
    "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Programming error - exception occurred"

Anyone with any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance.
    :)

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Is it more than one movie having this error?

Nice system!

3. pali311

pali311 Member

yeah ive tryed multiple movies and same thing :(

4. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

My rig is water cooled.
    The floor level is a foot below water so PC is always cold. OK i'm cheating, i'm on a boat. (Beer always stays freezing cold on the floor too) :)

i daren't suggest it could be a hardware error, that rig sounds reall new. If it's water cooled & you got sensors & monitors etc, it surely isn't heat related crashes. I suspect Noqoilpi has the answers in that link.

6. pali311

pali311 Member

yes but when i go to encode it onto my harddrive in ISO format it crashes as well. both onto DVD and onto my harddrive crash.

7. pali311

pali311 Member

i took a look at one of your links and it listed problematic DVDs using shrink. the 2 i have been trying are on that list, friday night lights and spanglish. maybe that could be the problem. im going to try others now.

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Try to rip the movie using DVD Decrypter (latest version). That should take care of those nasty encryptions and hopefully you'll be on your way.

BTW, Very nice setup!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  9. pali311

pali311 Member

Thanks! I finally got it working. The DVDs I was trying to backup where on a list of tricky DVDs to copy. I finally got it all working now. Now if I can figure out how to get my .megs and .avi onto DVD Ill be set!

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I know the links were already provided to you earlier, but if you go to my website (link in sig) you will find a guide there called [bold]Convert AVI to DVD[/bold] this will take you step by step in converting your files to play on A DVD. Also the first guide there will have you backing up those problem disks in no time :)

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

check it out. bbmayo's pretty good on the clarity of his guides, the pictures especially help out.