1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serious help with backedup PS2 game (GT4)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kaikai601, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kaikai601

kaikai601 Member

my backup Gran turismo 4 game won't display correctly on my TV! i have no idea why....it just shows the screens flipping up or down....i can't see anything clearly, my TV is a LCD btw. can anyone help me with this issue? thanx for your time

2. AAhani0

AAhani0 Member

It is because your TV and Gran Turismo 4 are not the same region. Meaning the television you have is not meant for viewing the PAL region, which GT4 is, and GT4 is not meant to play on an NTSC tele, which your LCD is (apparently). They is a program for converting a game from Pal to NTSC, but one of the games it cant support is GT4. Here is the link anyway to the thread about it: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121718.

Cheers.

3. robertkre

robertkre Guest

Well there have been two releases and both of them have been nuked for not working... Oh well.

4. kaikai601

kaikai601 Member

^^^ wut are you talking about?

5. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

He means both of the GT4 releases dont work!

6. phuqwepon

phuqwepon Member

Neither of the backup images will boot past first loading screen. That is why they have been nuked. Probably need to wait for a patch to be released.

GT4 is only NTSC at the moment afaik.

7. AAhani0

AAhani0 Member

The only version of GT4 I have seen around was the PAL release, not an NTSC version. Maybe you said the wrong one, but I might be wrong...

8. zodiac336

zodiac336 Member

i didnt read your whole post but as far as i did the same thing happened to my pal nba ballers

9. mateja

mateja Member

it is not nuked it works. i put first layer on one DVD and it boots fine so that means that the game works. it stops when he tries to load something form second layer. game is fine we must find a way to break and rebuil vol files.

10. phuqwepon

phuqwepon Member

so where exactly does it boot to? to the warning screen as previously specified??

If your assumption is true and it only fails when trying to read from the second layer of the disk, why does it also fail when run from the HDD from a direct ISO copy?

I'm still certain that the game has some form of TOC checking and/or disk checking protection. I am unsure if any groups are working on a remedy for this.

11. phuqwepon

phuqwepon Member

so where exactly does it boot to? to the warning screen as previously specified??

If your assumption is true and it only fails when trying to read from the second layer of the disk, why does it also fail when run from the HDD from a direct ISO copy?

I'm still certain that the game has some form of TOC checking and/or disk checking protection. I am unsure if any groups are working on a remedy for this.

The images have been nuked by most .nfo sites. I apologise if i shouldnt post links to other sites but i do this merely to prove my point.

http://www.console-news.org/index.php?_site=2&_subsite=1

12. AAhani0

AAhani0 Member

my version of GT4 Prologue runs and I can even drive, but the problem is that I do not have a PAL television, therefore I can not actually see what is going on. Cheers.

13. orvil01

orvil01 Guest

swap magic 3.3 has a color fix/y fix built in works good that was the only way i could get gt4 prolouge to display correctly on my ntsc set. its a multi elf game so traditional pal -->ntsc patches wont work

14. phuqwepon

phuqwepon Member

This thread is confused with GT4 Prologue and the full Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC JAP)

15. illthreat

illthreat Member

agreed; some confusion.

for what it's worth:

I can't get my NTSC-J (actually chinese version) Original/non-backup GT4. And I can't get it to play on my 30001 PS2 using Swap Magic 3.3 (dvd or cd) and Flip Top. I just get the Red Screen, please insert blah blah....

Any ideas? Could it be that my old PS2 just can't read DVD9 ? I suppose I just need to go rent a game that's using both layers and see. :(

ANY help is appreicated... I'm looking into buying a Jap. system or getting a chip. I didn't really want to get a chip.. but it's cheaper.

Arg... Trying to keep $$$ down to play GT4.

Thanks!

16. illthreat

illthreat Member

the above post should read: ( I couldn't find an edit feature on this forum?)

I can't get my NTSC-J (actually chinese version) Original/non-backup version of GT4 to boot at all. Model 30001 PS2 using Swap Magic 3.3 (dvd or cd) and Flip Top. I just get the Red Screen, please insert blah blah....

Thanks!

17. SmellyKat

SmellyKat Guest

Hows it goin everyone i need some help with the "backuping" of grand turismo 4. i decrypt it with dvd decrypter only to have it to big for my standard size 4.7 gb disc i need help very quikly thanx. and it says its 3 gb when i insert it into the drive but when it comes to buring its wont let me.

18. reckless2

reckless2 Regular member

/\
    |
    |
    |
    |

anybody actually search or read past posts on this forum you cant burn gt4 to a normal dvd(4.7gb) its to big it needs tinkering with which is a long process or urning to dvd9

19. SmellyKat

SmellyKat Guest

thanx bro