1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serious lag

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hd517, Nov 4, 2004.

1. hd517

hd517 Member

i was burning bruce almighty and i was noticing something wrong after the analysis. It was ABLE to fit in 1 dvd...thats not right, lol. it has menus up the yin-yang and takes up a lot of space. so i tried viewing the movie and it was lagging there was no tommorow. the dvd isnt scratched too bad, just like 3 minor scratches and it plays perfect on the dvd player, whats up with this? all i did was an analysis

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi hd517, welcome to aD,

Let's slow this way down so that it makes sense -

After the Analysis DVD Shrink should have everything loaded in it's windows awaiting instructions OR editing from you. It should be doing nothing. Once you have edited your DVD then DVD Shrink can, if you want do a Deep Analysis - is that what you're talking about ?? If it is, it could take more than a hour. What is the "Problem" ?

That's what it does. What did you want it to do ?

Were you watching the "Preview" window while it was going through Deep Analysis OR through Quality Enhancements OR was everything done and the disc was burned and then you watched it ?

What disc. The original or your backup copy ?

I have no idea at all what that refers too -

After you answer my questions, take me through everything, step by step so we're both on the same page -

Pete

3. hd517

hd517 Member

oh man, im sorry, lol, im really bad at explaining things. the "original" dvd was scratched, not the media. There was no actualt errors popping up during the analysis, i thought the only error was the dvd size , which i was wrong.I actually didnt know that dvd shrink actually shrinks your dvd automatically, i thought you had to do it yourself, its very convenient anyways I was watching the movie in the preview mode after the analysis. Thats when i noticed the lag.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuuummm, a bit like peeking in the window while your girl's getting dressed for your date- Ya see things you don't want to see -

Like waiting for the "Lady". Be patient and watch her when she's finished "prepping" - it'll turn out right in the end.

Watch the "VIDEO_TS" file after it's done OR just burn the disc - It sounds like it will be fine if you stay away from the PC (I'm serious about that. Your processor needs to put all it's "muscle" into burning - Next time, iffin ya want it to turn out right, let it alone while encoding too, it's a "Bear" of a jpb.) Messing with your PC can cause errors

Again, learn patience, Heh, heh :)

Cheers,

Pete

5. hd517

hd517 Member

that was one of the best analogies ive ever heard dude, your incredible, lol. thanx , DO have a slow computer, im getting a new one but right now im only running on 128MB of memory, so that may be it, thanx man

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Well that's a big part lof it - your RAM -

That 128 MB is killing you. You need 512BM to be doing the job right. Attempting to even surf the Internet is stealing the resources you so desperately need for encoding and burning.

To help a bit - go to msconfig and disable everything so that nothing at all is running. If possible, jack up your RAM -

Cheers,

Pete