1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server problems continue

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

ScubaBud: We sent out yesterday account reminders to appx. 280,000 people, so SMTP server is still bit busy processing it and thread update emails are behind that queue.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Glad to see the site is getting back to normal.

While we're on the subject of gettin stuff runnin right, are there any plans to move the #AD_Buddies IRC to a more reliable server?

Addictz network is just not up to the job.

please say this is gonna be addressed.

Ta, keep up the good work folks.

:eek:)

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The "buddies" thing is not supported/endorsed/anyway connected to the "official AfterDawn.com entity" and therefor its really upto the guys who hang around at the channel to make the call to transfer the channel to other server and/or network.

An before anyone asks, I'd say it is highly unlikely to see an "official" AfterDawn.com IRC channel to appear, aimed for support & stuff. We do, however, have our "living room" at #afterdawn@IRCNet, but we have this nasty policy to kickban all users who ask anything related to digital video et al, as we prefer people using forums instead :)

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Got your reminder and logged back on - everything crisp & snappy now; excellent :)
    Such is the cost of a huge increase in traffic.
    Ah, if only they could fix the King's Highway 401 so easily... lol
    L8R

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

The_OGS, i thought it was the queen's highway as she is the 1 sitting til charles or william takes the throne?

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yeah well, it was The King's Highway when Elizabeth was just a little shaver...
    The signs pre-date her and have never been changed.
    But whatever you call it, it's always fookin clogged ;-(

7. beefman

beefman Guest

don't know how to start a new thread nevermind i will find people willing to help elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2005
  8. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Click on forums at the top and find the appropriate area. then click start new thread.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  9. beefman

beefman Guest

o well worth a try, i dint read the rules dint think it was that bigger issue. thanks for nothing

10. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

We've planned to move the IRC channel for about the past year taz ;-) it'll happen..... sometime!

11. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i know there have been server problems here and that they were supposedly resolved but i'm starting to get frustrated because it seems like every other time i try to access something here, i can't. either the forums or any of the links in the "manage your account" section or everything. it's actually happening right now. i can access the forums (obviously) but not my account, forum posts, or prvt messages. am i alone here?

12. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

I'm very sorry about the inconvenience. The RAID controller on the database server is acting up. Apparently RHEL has some issues with causing high IOWAIT on certain controllers.

I've trying to solve the issue for the last couple of hours, and at least for now it seems to be running better. Hopefully it will stay that way. =)

In any case it's time to catch some shuteye -- it's 4AM over here. I would appreciate it if you (not just fishbulb, but everyone) would post to this thread if you experience slow response times or errors. Thanks!

Jari

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Your not alone Fishbulb, but somebody is getting in because I keep getting the emails notifying me that the thread has been updated.. Very frustrating indeed!!

14. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx for the fast response ketola. i apologize if i sounded ticked off. it was just adding to an already frustrating week for me. it seems i'm able to access everything now. i appreciate everyone's hard work, dedication, and support at this site. it makes it that much better to be a part of. keep up the good work!

15. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Not at all. An unresponsive site is rather frustrating to use. It's also quite frustrating to find out that solving one issue (server CPU/HDD performance) creates new ones (bugs in kernel, drivers and/or hardware). Hopefully I dodn't pop a vein before getting the site running smoothly for more than a week. =)

I've been monitoring the server for the last 30 minutes and it looks to be running OK. There's still something strange about the memory consumption, but I'll look into that at a better time.

Cheers!

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Great job Ketola :)
    Keep up the good work and get some sleep :)

17. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i'm having trouble logging in. i can access the forums and everything else. just can't log in. just started in the last few minutes.

18. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Might i be so bold as to refer you to your previous post, things here are getting better.....just need to be patient.

:eek:Þ

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I also noticed it is sticking when you hit reply on the threads also sometimes its taking like 3 to 5 min before the reply screen opens. It seems to be working OK right now though..

20. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

not seen any problems here in the uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.