1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

session fixation error PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gametyme9, Feb 8, 2007.

1. gametyme9

gametyme9 Member

Aight i have a dell inspiron 6000, and a pioneer burner. Now i use dvd shrink to back up the disc and then i use nero 7 to burn the project onto the disc. I have been doing this for about a year now. i have been using the same media, same burner, same everything. Now from about 2 weeks ago i get an error that comes up 9 out of 10. The burning process will start and will finish successfully but when it does the finalizing i get a session fixation error burn failed. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?????????

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what model is that Pioneer burner? what's the media manufacturers ID? could be your burner needs a cleaning ....... try some air in a can and blow it on the inside of the burner..... and try the DVD lens cleaner (looks like a DVD with a little brush on it to sweep the DVD lens when inserted into the drive) you can find these cleaners available in many retail stores from supermarkets to Office Depot and Office Max, Wal-Mart and K-Mart and computer stores. it might just be that simple or it might be a change in media quality by the manufacturer and all of a sudden you are not getting successful burns. Also your burner maybe old and in need of a firmware update....... that's why more info is needed.