1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

set track count to 1

Discussion in 'Audio' started by punx777, Apr 11, 2005.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey, on my mp3 player (zen micro) when you view the songs, it shows them in the order they are on the cd. i want to make it alphebetical, the only way i can see how to do it is to set the track count for each song to one, so it alphebetises them, is there any fast way to do this other then just clicking each song and setting it to one? (i have over 1000 songs) thanks alot

2. deepfried

deepfried Member

im guessing you have your songs listed like so

01 - rammstein - du hast
    02 - rammstein - ich will

etc. if your playing all your songs in your player as a list and not in folders your songs are always going to be listed by number as you have number placed first in the string. i tend to keep my songs listed alphabetically by : artist - album - number - track , so the list will go by artist primarily, so the songs would be displayed in order like...

S.I.T.D. - STRONGHOLD - 04 - locked in syndrom
    SLAYER - SEASONS IN THE ABYSS - 02- Blood Red
    SLAYER - SEASONS IN THE ABYSS - 03- Spirit in Black
    VNV NATION - EMPIRES - 03 - Rubicon

i find this system works for me, you may want to do it another way but it sounds as if this is what you are trying to acheive. i know no quick way of doing this, if your going by file name your looking at renaming all the files, you may be able to get a batch id3 tag renamer or something if your player supports it. i usually tend to rename files as i download them and set my ripper to rip the songs with filenames set as such.