1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setanta Sports 1 problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by cnewton, Feb 8, 2008.

1. cnewton

cnewton Member

Hi all

My dad has a Starview 2 the box the same as me, over night his Sentanta sports 1 has dissapeared (all the rest of the sentanta sports chennels are fine). When he goes to it, it is just black and says bad or scrambled channel or sometimes no signal. Mine however is working fine, we both live in the same are, middlesbrough. When i have looked at the frequency mine is on (through manual scan) his is set to exactly the same as mine.

Anyone know how he can get his back on? I have suggested doing a automatic rescan but he is affraid of losing the order that he has put his channels in, and it took him ages to get them how he wants it.

So is there a way without doing a re-scan to see if we can get this channel back on?

Thanks all

chris

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

he wont lose the channel order if he does an auto rescan,but if you like you can do a manual scan just type in the frequency and make sure you use the correct symbol rate

3. belgrove

belgrove Member

I had the same problem. Check to see what other channels are gone and you will probably find that they are all on the same frequency.
    Basically, I left it for a day and the missing channels just reappeared. It just seemed to be a problem with the signal of that particular frequency

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

As belgrove said its probally a few channels on the same freq that you have problems with ,you will have to delete the channels first then do a manual scan on that freq and the new channels found will appear at the end of your channel listing without disturbing the others

5. cnewton

cnewton Member

ok will try that any many thanks for all your help, one thought thought, if that was the problem would that not mean that mine would also be down??

Thanks again