1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up kryptview a780 basics help plz!?!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mr___laa, Mar 6, 2012.

1. mr___laa

mr___laa Member

Hi all, im no newb to this area be all means but im stuck setting this kryptview a780 box up.

1st off i have flashed the box and all that part of the process is done.

I only have the internet from the virgin mary herself and so i have bought some RG6U cable, screwed F connectors and a 2 way splitter. I added the splitter and put the modem back into place and i cant get any internet connection what so ever. I have tried 2 splitters now and checked to make sure i hadnt snapped the copper wire inside the F connectors once i had connected it all up...Its just really confusing me as to why everytime i add a splitter my modem dies?

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

3. mr___laa

mr___laa Member

I know the box needs both cat5/coax feed.

But i cant get that far because when i add a 2 way splitter the modem doesnt pick up an internet connection.

I basically have the VM box on the wall with 1 cable going from their, straight to the modem...i want to split this connection via the splitter and plug the modem into the splitter and the KV box into the other side of the splitter. But everytime i add the splitter and connect the modem it just flashes saying no internet?

No internet...no KV :(

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

should be enough to do the job, is the splitter working if you just try it feeding modem? if not get a new one

5. mr___laa

mr___laa Member

Hi, ok i have sorted it now, i was chopping through the outer core of the coax then screwing the F connectors on (oops!)...

So now i have everything up and running. I did the scan on telewesty is that right? because i only seem to have a few channels and the box freezes when i try going through the epg?

6. mr___laa

mr___laa Member

Ok i have now got all channels sorted and in order. However on some channels signal quality is very low...is that downt to the quality of the cable? :/

edited: missing alot of music channels and sky sports 2

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

might be splitter or low signal as internet does not need a strong signal and maybe capped and tv package should be higher.make sure all connections are good and tight.
    maybe scanning on wrong provider or net id will lose channels.what firmware is on box?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012