1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up my xbox to the computer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by akira1029, Dec 9, 2004.

1. akira1029

akira1029 Member

I've been checkin out the forums and I see that you can hook up your xbox to the comp. I want to know how exactly is this done, and do you need xbox live to do so. Also does my xbox have to be modded in order for me to play downloaded game from the internet? Please if anybody can help I would appreciate it.

2. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

yes you need to get a mod chip for your xbox in order to ftp the xbox from your computer. once you get a modchip you won't be able to go online unless you get a modchip that turns off and on when you want it to.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah you have to have a modded xbox and a dashboard (eg. EvolutionX, Avalaunch) set up. Then, you need to buy a CROSSOVER CABLE, not a patch cable, or a ethernet cable. Radio Shack sells CROSSOVER CABLES for $10. You need to get a NIC/Ethernet Card or a router too so that your computer can connect to your xbox. Then, after connecting, alter your LAN or router/hub/switch connections.

You also need a basic knowledge of networking. If you don't, then read some tutorials on www.xbox-scene.com