1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up new v-505 device model

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by baspeed, Mar 26, 2005.

1. baspeed

baspeed Member

It's not on the list of modems to install. It has everything under the sun except the v505. Any ideas?

2. baspeed

baspeed Member

I'm amazed at how fast PK2 program found the drivers for my v505. Seconds.... and it appears motorola dosnt even have it to choose from. You think picking v500 would work or 400 or 600 or will they all work?

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i guess if u pick the the V5xx will work...

4. baspeed

baspeed Member

im having some troubles loading v500. it shows on teh phone window of my pc a blue arrow pointing up saying (transmission disabled) and a red arrow pointung down saying (reception disables) As of now I can update my calender and it works but Im back to the Multimedia center and it just wont connect and show the files on my phone like with my v400.

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thats coz ur fone is locked, u have to unlock it, what i mean by unlock is to unlock the settings of the fone to access the multimedia studio, not unlock ur fone to use a different operater service, so what u need is a flex and i'll find out where i'll get that for u ....

6. goof13

goof13 Member

Mossy I have the v505 also. Maybe he could go into settings/security/lock applications(enter default code 1234/, it will then provide him with a list of things to unlock. Unlock them all. I had problem like this with a v600. Had to unlock all to be able to see my files in mpt.

7. baspeed

baspeed Member

I checked that part our goof13 and everyting in there is already unlocked.

8. baspeed

baspeed Member

mossyy its dpoing the same thing my v400 was doint till one day it started working. Also just a thank you for yoru help :) Still knd of pisses me off when I see P2K connect without a hitch grrrrr

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  9. goof13

goof13 Member

what are you trying to get your v505 to recognize in mpt or pk2man

10. baspeed

baspeed Member

i got it to reconize with loading v500 mpt's driver. Now im jsut trying to get the media center to connect to my phone to transfer stuff. I can use my phonebook and calender and they sync fine it;s just the multimedia center always freezes when i load it and then it just shows the files on my pc and not the ones on phone. I had this same problem with my v400 but one day it jsut started working. Now my new v505 wont work. SO SAD

11. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

okay i find out that u have to flex ur fone with V551, and that what it says about the flex....

V551 “Custom (WinXP)“ Flex, Built from Cingular Branded Flex
    (This Flex is, IMHO, THE V551 Flex, tones, but not too many. slick skins, TONS of Free Space=Better Battery Life, etc......)
    - Creator: Manalive ( www.motomodders.net )
    - S/W Version: R47_G_08.17.0FR_01
    - H/W Version: SJUG0290BA
    (The Software and Hardware versions listed here only reflect the Versions of the phone used to create the Flex, that does not mean that you must have matching S/W or H/W for this flex to work. This Flex will work on ANY network on ANY Model V551 phone)
    - HEAVILY MODIFIED
    - COMPLETE UNBRANDING (EVEN THE BROWSER ANIMATION)
    - UNLOCKED (Will NOT Unlock your phone, however, if you have done so already, this flex will NOT Lock your phone to any network.)
    - over 7.5MB FREE Space!
    - (Custom Made)
    - Now with VIBE AND RING!
    - Fixed several mma Menu options (added WebAccess and Engineering to the Settings Menu)
    - JawesFX C975 Icon Pack Moto skin replacement, PageFusion's WinXP M Silver Skin replaces Techo, and PageFusion's WinXP M Blue Skin replaces Neon (Not to boast, but I think it looks pretty slick :)
    - Includes ALL known SEEM edits for V551 and Manalive's FULL Battery Saver tips pre-installed. (OVER 30 SEEM EDITS and 30 MENU EDITS)
    - WindowsXP Mobile Blue Startup and Shutdown with sound, simply replace the files for your own personal style, only included to maintain functionality.
    - Please test and respond on the forum.

Ver 061: Fixed Ringlights Kill Screen Bug (See Bottom of Page for Details)

Ver 070: RINGLIGHTS REMOVED DUE TO UNREPAIRABLE ERRORS, Fixed some skin to wallpaper linking, slimmed to improve Life and Perfomance

Ver 074: Fixed “Disapearing Icons and Green border“ bug, add “Styles“ menu to the Video Setup

DO NOT MASTER RESET (YOU MAY MASTER CLEAR IF YOU WISH) PHONE DURING OR AFTER FLEX APPLICATION, DOING SO WILL REVERSE MANY EDITS AND CHANGES.

This is a Public Release. It has MANY bug fixes and upgrades from the previous 070 version Loaded Flex, so please:

READ INCLUDED DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILED CHANGE LOG AND INTRUCTIONS

Tested on PST 7.1.1 using pFlex, and on MultiFlashFlex 1.8. No Errors.

anyway to get that, u have to go to http://www.motomodders.net

then register (wont take 2mins) then go to Downloads>Firmware>Custom Flex and download the 4th one......

12. baspeed

baspeed Member

mossyy I have a v505 it shows on the phone window of my pc a blue arrow pointing up saying (transmission disabled) and a red arrow pointung down saying (reception disables)
    can you explain how to get this off the screen and can this have anyting to do with me not getting Multimedia center working?

13. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

if u treid this flex u wont have anything disabled and the multimedia center should work then,,,,

14. baspeed

baspeed Member

Im kind of worried about the flex cause I know very little about what a flex does. Am I changing all the software in my phone to what the v551 fone has? Im with a local company and hoping it still works with them. I see the words "Flex, Built from Cingular Branded Flex" and that worries me. Im new to this phone stuff and just spent $249 for a phone and hope it stays working. So far mossyy you have helped me with a number of problems and so many others and I trust what you say.

15. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thanx coz u trust me, and to be sure this flex have tested in too many fones, and it works perfect but anyway the decision will on u....

16. baspeed

baspeed Member

Mossyy will this make my phone like a v551 because as you know I have the v505.

Is the only difference between my v505 and my older v400 is the software inside? The v505 has bluetooth and 400 dosnt.

One more mossy if I back up my phone can I get all the setting right back ater I try to flex to v551 and if it didint work?

17. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

after u flex ur fone it will be like V501 not V505 and if u backup thats wont do anything coz u can backup the settings anyway,,,,,

18. baspeed

baspeed Member

Well for some odd reason last night all of a sudden a window poped up and asked me to update my MPT's pragram. Now Im using 3.23 and tried to get the Mobile explore to connect but everytime I try it freezes for 20 secnds and then I cant see my files on my phone side and when I shut down Moblie Explore my phone "mobile not connected". Well tonight i connected the cable to my phone, started up MPT's and went to Mobile Explorer and it worked!! showing me the files on my phone. So i figure ill try to shut down MPT.s and start back up and now it wont work agian. I figured i would not flex the pnone but try to figure out why this keeps doing this sh*t. If it worked once it must have to work again you agree mossyy?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  19. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i do agree with u and that kinda wiered now... for some reason MPT find ur fone then it lost the connection, have u tried to disable ur antivirus or adaware if u have them....

20. baspeed

baspeed Member

thanks Mossyy I went into my settings of ZOneAlarm and allowed access to anything that had to do with MPT's . It's working:)