1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up wireless internet connection

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Biggie76, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Biggie76

Biggie76 Regular member

Hi this may sound stupid but i am having problems setting up my connection. Upon recieving my ps3 i sold my pc i kept my NETGEAR DG834G-3ALUKS router and my subscription to aol but my ps3 will pick up the router 100% but says i have no internet connection even though i have line plugged into router.

Should i have kept my modem too. Any help appreciated

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Well, I usually have out internet plugged up to the Modem, and then have a line going from that to the Router! You may need the Modem still to be able to connect! Though, we didn't need the Modem to setup a Wireless Connection! Does your system pickup your Wireless, and is it enabled on your PS3? Sometimes, you may be have the Wireless connected, but it may not be enabled! Go into the system settings of the PS3, and go down to connections, and see if the Wireless is Enabled! See if that works!!!

3. dpickett

dpickett Guest

I'm really leaning towards you need a modem. The Modem "talks" to the ISP the router just is kinda like the Fonz, it just sits there and goes "ehhh!!" and directs the data in different directions.

4. Biggie76

Biggie76 Regular member

Cheers guys. My wireless connection is enabled i can access net via someone elses connection but signal not very strong and keeps losing connection. Guess it just means buyin another modem. Thanks again