1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Settings for dvdshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lilturk1, Aug 29, 2004.

1. lilturk1

lilturk1 Member

i was wondering what the settings should be under output files in prefernces in shrink escpically the layer break one. also could i use shrink to copy to a dvd dual layer disk like take away all compression encode it on the hard drive to floders and the use copytodvd to burn it

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I set mine with the top four boxes checked.

Because you are converting a double layer DVD into a single layer DVD there is really no need to have that pause you see at the layer break. Checking the "Remove layer break" box will remove it.

Yes you can rip a double layer DVD to a folder on your hard drive. It will still be compressed to 4464 Mb unless you change the target size.

Edit -> Preferences, then change the scroll box from DVD-5 to custom then set the final size you want. If you set it larger than the movie, then it will be put on your HDD with no compression.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004