1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup Disk Problems - Iso Size?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by staverts, Apr 8, 2007.

1. staverts

staverts Member

Hi there, how large should the .iso wiikey setup disk be? I run the .bat file for the Wiikey setp disk 1.2, and it only makes a 7MB .iso. It seems to me it should make a large iso, as the 7MB is just info, and then file chop fills in the rest of the iso with filler, so that the wii recognises it properly, is this correct? I get an error with the .bat file, with the filecho proces I believe.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

I am not saying this from personal experience--but I did read it on another forum.

I think the ISO should be around 2 GB. I read that this 7 MB problem comes from not having enough free space on your HDD. Check to see if you have enough space and then try it again.

3. staverts

staverts Member

Hmm...come to think of it...I think there is a very good chance there was not enough room on the Hard drives of both the computers I tried. I think that what you suggested is exactly correct as it will try and dump a large file what in the beggining and then fill in the data...

Thanks, I'll try on a PC with more HDD space.

4. staverts

staverts Member

Yep thats what it was...but now, even with the six setup points on the chip, with a positive ohm reading responding, I still cannot boot a backup...