1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup question

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Tamcad, May 31, 2013.

1. Tamcad

Tamcad Member

Hi
    I want to upgrade my satellite setup in that way, that I can watch Astra 1 (19.2 E for german TV) and Astra 2 in the living room (28.2E) and at least Astra 2 in the bedroom (ok, Astra 1 and 2 in the bedroom would be ok, too, but not a key factor).
    I am living in Central Scotland (between Glasgow and Edinburgh, i.e. Airdrie area). Currently I have a regular Sky dish and a Sky+ HD box. I have a very basic Sky subscription for another 10 months or so. What would be the cheapest way to achieve this? The problem is, I do not want another dish on the house, I would rather prefer to replace the current dish with a bigger one if necessary.
    It would be great if somebody could help me out (links to products would be great). Can anybody recommend an installation guy/TV engineer in that area? I am confident to install everything by myself, however at the moment I do not have a ladder or a drill which is big enough to make the holes in the bedroom.
    Cheers
    Tamcad

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

second dish is the easiest solution. otherwise you have two rooms fighting for different satellites. current dish is big enough for astra1 and astra2. if you are happy to have an arrangement where you can only watch astra1 or astra2 at any one time then just put an alsat dark motor on the dish and align it