1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEVERE DVD drive problems!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by NeoSpawn, Nov 1, 2001.

1. NeoSpawn

NeoSpawn Member

I have a Raite RDR-108H DVD-ROM drive I won off of an eBay auction. It is a SLAVE on the primary IDE chain. The master is my system drive. The chain is UDMA/33 capable. I am running Windows XP version 5.1.2526, and I have installed Leadtek WinFastDVD. My problem is this: I get ONE DVD playback per boot. If I hit Stop or close the program and then try to play the same or a different DVD again, the system freezes and eventually locks up completely. I have tried Windows Media Player 8 as well, with the same result. According to DVD Genie and various other programs, my drive is RPC-1 and I have even tried specifying a region in WMP, but no effect. There appears to be no reason the drive shouldn't work. There are zero problems when reading DVDs, CDs, etc, only when actually playing them back. Please advise.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Very likely some of the drivers for XP you have, suck. I also suggest you to try PowerDVD or WinDVD (trial versions) for the playback.

3. David547

David547 Guest

Sounds to me if it is not the software then it would an Irq conflict.