1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex And The City Help Please

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dougal58, Apr 27, 2005.

1. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi,
    Has anyone backed up s.a.t.c box set successfully?
    I have backed up seasons 1,2,3 and 4 without a problem but when i rip season 5 a lot of the movie looks like a bad video tape almost all green and broken pixels, Tried with shrink and decrypter which i ripped the first 4 seasons with No problem.
    Any ideas or help much appreciated.

2. toney420

toney420 Guest

I had the same problem with The Sopranos but just on one disk. Anyways the source of my problem was my orginal disk. I borrowed a friends disk and it burned fine.

3. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

toney428.
    Thanks mate i might just have to return the box for another one and give that a go.

4. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

These disks are heavely compressed if you are doing each disk and not breaking a disk up among 2 disks. Its sort of a pain so i would always copy disk for disk. The problem is it shrinks it to about 62% so there is bound to be some pixelization and some skips, more so if you use cheap media then compress the hell out of it. The only solution that is 100% guaranteed is to split each disk into 2. THat is such a pain and would take so many disks I never do it. So in the end my advice would be to get good media...try and take everything out of the disks accept the episodes. Then use dvd shrink and use all the quality enhancements to make it look a little better. In the end it will never look 100 percent.

5. toney420

toney420 Guest

Nohelpme I agree they are heavily compressed but so or the sopranos. Most of the series disks are huge and burning without extra care gives a pixely crappy backup. But green pixels while running it thru shrink I don't personally think thats due to compression. I had a sopranos disk that did the same thing borrowed a friends copy and ended the problem.

6. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Ignore the dude suggesting the heavy compression crap its bogus. I compress up to 50% all the time and have 0 pixalization. However I have the same problem you do sometimes with just one disk out of a series. I have figured it out by chance I own two DVD+r single density liteon drives exactly the same. Sometimes my regular burn machine gets the error I just mentioned then I stick the same disk in my other machine and it works fine. Sometimes this 2nd machine gets an error and I try my burn machine and it works fine. I try to explain it as slight differences in drive sync how else could you explain why one machine works and the other doesnt and vice versa. I suggest buying a cheapy machine from best buy or circuit city for about $400 with rebates and pick up a liteon drive at officemax on rebate special for $35 this will solve all your problems. I have tried getting another copy of the same problem disk and that doesnt work for whatever reason its not because the disk has scratches on it its something else in the construction. But im willing to bet you if you try another drive it will work. Try this buy a drive at best buy and try it then you will know for sure then take the drive back for a refund if you cannot afford it.