1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SF band Sendai(punk/metal/hardcore) looking for a bassist and a singer

Discussion in 'Band looking for an artist' started by sendai, Aug 8, 2004.

1. sendai

sendai Member

Sendai (two guitarists and a drummer) is seeking a singer and a bassist. We have 9 completed songs, a practice space in SF (Secret Studios), high quality gear, and stage/recording experience. We can all sing backups and harmonize, but we're looking for someone to act as our lead singer. We listen to and are influenced by: thrice, AFI, hopesfall, tool, deftones, ATDI, hot water music, coheed and cambria, the mars volta, sparta, strung out, alexisonfire, glassjaw, a static lullaby, etc.

What we are looking for:
    singer: be able to sing (not just scream) and have a strong voice; be able to write lyrics, think of melodies, and contribute to the songwriting process; be a cool person -- no egomaniacs; please have at least some stage and recording experience;

bassist: be comfortable playing eighth and sixteenth notes at songs around 200bpm (usually not that fast) - we're looking for a bassist who gives us some good low end, with additional melodies and harmonies here and there, but not noodley soloing on bass.

Our songs can be found at:
    http://www.deepfriedmusic.com/media/Sendai/index.html

All songs are open to collaboration and modification, and keep in mind that these MP3s were recorded to give a sense of what we sound like - they are very ROUGH recordings. We are in the process of recording a much better demo within the next month or so, but if you're in the area the best way to hear what we sound like is to come out to one of our practices in the meantime.

Interested parties can respond at sendaimusic@hotmail.com

2. Maniaxis

Maniaxis Member

i would so be there if I was'nt livin' in texas. I play bass. It would have been fun.

3. MassBass

MassBass Member

where u guys from?

4. sendai

sendai Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  5. AsianDan

AsianDan Member

Do you mean SF as in San fernado Valley? if so i am down to see if i am what you guys are lookin for