1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SGI IRIX *.IMG BURNING

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by zaphod, Dec 16, 2003.

1. zaphod

zaphod Member

I have *.img files made on an SGI machine which I need to burn on a PC. I don't know what binary data format they are and also there are no CUE files with them. I presume that they are UNIX based. I cannot burn them on either an SGI machine or a UNIX/Linux machine as I dont have access (before I get any silly answers). I would greatly appreciate anyones wisdom here.
    Kind Regs
    Z

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You can burn IMG files from windows dude :) (with Nero you will prolly have to do the fancy/stupid unknown disc format thing). BUt if you wanna convert to a more familar format:

To convert a wierd cd image file format to a more familiar format (i.e., BIN/CUE), open up CDMage, drag-and-drop the wierd file into it. It will pop-up a box for you to specify the format; simple trial and error will resolve this minor hurdle. Now when that is done, File --> Save As. Give it a name and it will save the BIN/CUE for ya.