1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow of Rome still wont work (i have read other topics)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by hvw630, Feb 15, 2005.

1. hvw630

hvw630 Guest

I have done the whole notpad space save as DUMMY.BIN and when I use the command promt to make all the files I ripped to my hard drive with cd/dvd gen, into a .ISO file it says I dont have enough space on my hard drive wich I do have the space so I dont understand that, So I tried the NERO method and did it how others said to do it, and the game still doesnt work. Is there any other settings in NERO that I have to make sure are set? Is there another way to merge all the files into a .ISO? I dont understand why I cant get it to work, I am doing everything that has been said to work and still nothing, and now I am down to my last DVD-R until next week. Someone help me.
    THanks for your time

2. hvw630

hvw630 Guest

What is the order of the files for the NTSC version of the game?

3. chris_805

chris_805 Member

if u still have the original .iso, ps2ownz.com came out wit a fix for it.....me personally, i dl'd the game, but im guessin the fix works for both dl and retail disc copy....

http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29774&page=3

if u r a member there, u can download it from that thread...or if not, go to the main page, and ull see the news bout shadow of rome swapmagic fix bein released, and if ur not a member of the site yet sign up...but if ur not, u can go to the main page and click on the link in that section talkin bout the fix bein released that says "site utilities" and it will be in there..right click on the fix and it should let ya download it jus fine....

to apply the patch u will need ppf-o-matic which is also in their site utilities

burns and plays fine

im usin a V9 SCPH-50001 PS2 with a flip top and swap magic. and game works fine, no skips, no glitches...

oh yea..this game is nice....was stuck on it for over 2 hours last night lol

4. hvw630

hvw630 Guest

hey chris (or anyone) can you give me a link to the fix and the program i need to use the patch? when i tried to sign up on the site it says my IP is banned yet i am not a memeber there nor have been. thanks

5. chris_805

chris_805 Member

is ur ip banned or is it the email user site?

they do not accept hotmail or any other free email systems....

if it is ur ip, then i dunno....

but how bout ya pm me wit ur email or aim name, and i can hook u up with those...

6. elnegro49

elnegro49 Member

7. chris_805

chris_805 Member

props on hookin that up somewhere where u dont have to join....bet itll work better for him..

i seen u also posted in the other thread bout it not workin....

im guessin it does now..prepared to be stuck on that game for a while..i know i am..lol

8. elnegro49

elnegro49 Member

To be honest I havent burnt it yet but I think it will work! (Im confident now lol)anyways just one question: Do I have to do something else besides patching the iso? Maybe doing something with iso buster or cdvdgen? or do i patche the original iso, burn it and thats it? Thanks in advance for your help!!

9. Elmo85

Elmo85 Member

I have downloaded the file, from your link.
    But when I want to insert it into ppf-o-matic, it gives a problem.

drk-sru.ppf features an unknown encoding method!

please help

10. john_76

john_76 Guest

elnegro i download the thing from your link.what i do with it to fix shadow of rome now?