1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaky video using Nero Vision

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by hamillp, Feb 24, 2007.

1. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

I seem to be having a problem making a dvd with nero vision. I am capturing video from a Canon video camera and for some reason when I burn the video on to a dvd there are spots where it is shaky.

I am using good media (verbatim)so I don't think it is that. I made sure to do a 2 pass transcode on nero vision. Is there something else that i am missing? why would it shake in certain spots? It does tend to be when people are moving that it shakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Do you happen to know at what quality settings you burned the DVD? If it happens during movement, you may not have enough information on the DVD to keep a good picture.

You can hold the mouse over one of the titles and it will show what quality settings will be used to burn.

You might also see if you can find the quality of the original video.

3. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

what settings are you looking for? I held the mouse over the 1 title but it did not give me any info. I did increase the bit rate to 6,000. other than that i did not change anything.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I would expect the bit rate to be fairly low for it to cause problems like you describe, so probably that is not the cause. But what you set in the preferences my change depending on how long the video is, which is where holding the mouse over the title video comes in. It will also normally try to use the original settings if they are lower than you have preset.

If you post a log of the burn from the NeroHistory log, we can see things like that. Make sure and take out your serial numbers. The log is in sections with the bottom being the last burn and you can see where it starts and stops for each session.

5. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

Here is the setting tab i used.

Quality Setting: Custom

Sample Format: Automatic

Bit Rate: 6,000 kb/s

Resolution: 720x 480 (CCIR-601-D1)

Encoding Mode: High Quality (2Pass VBR)

Audio Mode: Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

6. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

Perhaps this screen shot will work

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  7. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Once again, that is what you set, but may not have actually been used for burning.

Otherwise, try changing media.

Screen shots don't seem to be working.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  8. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

okay, i tried to find the nero log for that burn and I have been unable to do so. I can find the logs for a cd i just burned but not that dvd. very odd.

more importantly though, i watched the video on the camcorder and it did not skip. could it be something on the transfer from the camcorder to the computer?

I also watched the file from the harddrive and it DID skip. So I am pretty sure that it is not the disc or anything in the burning process. It must be something in the transfer from the camcorder to the computer.

I transfer with a firewire. Is there any other way to do it?

9. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Firewire should be the best, but you may want to go to a capture forum to get those types of answers. You also might try capturing it again. Maybe your mail client interrupted the capture or something like that.

Just check the camera and make sure you are not compressing prior to capturing.

10. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

Saltgrass:

Thanks for all your help. Will do. Will post back any solutions as well. Thanks again.