1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shall we dance, dvd backup did not work properly

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by xboxmoddz, Feb 25, 2005.

1. xboxmoddz

xboxmoddz Member

i made a dvd backup of shall we dance, i put it in my xbox with chip on and off. still no working i even tried 2 regular dvd players in my home. still nothing,
    the only place it worked was in my pc dvd rw drive that i used to make the dvd itself

as far as i know i am using dvd -r not + ritek media

2. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Try using a different program to get the movie...when i used clone dvd i could only play the movie in my comp...so try another program.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I backed this movie up using DVD Decrypter then Nero's Recode 2, then burned w/ CopyToDVD ;)

4. maddawg

maddawg Member

I backed it up with shrink and burned it with decrypter. worked fine

5. iconfused

iconfused Member

i've been trying to rip the iso off shall we dance? for 2 days now and i can't get it. i tried dvd decrypter 3.5, dvd shrink 3.2, tried to get rid of css with anydvd 4.5, and used alcohol 120% 1.9. nothing works. getting on my nerves!!! lol. every program stops dead and gives some kind of error message after 13% of reading dvd. i see that other ppl have been successful with getting the iso. what am i doing wrong?

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD worked easily for my backup.

7. maddawg

maddawg Member

Make sure that disc is not scratched or damaged in a spot. That will cause error. Shrink analyzed disc then I re author to cut out all the junk then burn with decrypter.

8. gogadget

gogadget Member

Ok now with dvd decrypter why does it insert dummy sectors when im tryng to decrypt the grudge or any other sony movie? and dvd shrink gives me a cycle redundancy error.

9. maddawg

maddawg Member

Forget how I did this one but I don't think shrink would decrypt it. First play movie in your dvd rom drive to unlock player about 30 sec. Then dvd decrypter in IFO mode select disc decrypt. Then I used shrink to analyze file and Re Author then burns with decrypter again. All I can say is make sure disc is clean region is selected right which should be automatic and make sure you have current versions of both shrink and dvd decrypter. I haven't had any problems with any movies yet. No I'm wrong I had a problem with 1 which was an older movie that had a bad scratch in it and It just would not read for me. Good Luck.

10. maddawg

maddawg Member

Almost forgot. The Grudge was not that good of a movie anyway. The ending is stupid. LOL

11. christ93

christ93 Regular member

Shrink worked fine for me.