1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shall We Dance? New Encryption?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Cman

Cman Member

Tried to rip the movie. 43% into the movie, all the decrypting programs I've used (Decrypter, Shrink, CloneDVD2, AnyDVD combo) all freeze up. they all lock up at the exact same point. 43% into the read process.

I'm no newbie and this definetly is a first. Anybody else seen this type of encryption before?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

It looks like your a newbie to defective discs. This movie shouldn't be a problem with any of the programs you mentioned. First, try to clean and buff out the disc the best you can. Even the slightest mar, as insignificant as it looks can affect the ripping process. If that doesn't help, exchange the DVD for another.

I have had to exchange 4 brand new DVDs in the last 4 months. They worked fine when played, but could not be ripped because of spots on the disc.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I don't think it is a new encryption. I was successful using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. No problems evident when watching the movie either.

May be a bad original disc or scratched,dirty.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

IF you see a discolored smear in the disc, that's the problem. exchange it for a better one.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Not necessarily . I probably have hundreds of DVDs with the smear that play and rip perfectly, though one of my returns last year did have the discoloring(Lion King SE). Just shitty luck when you get a defect.

6. Cman

Cman Member

Tanx folks. I'll try it again using the verbatims I have in my supply