1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

share websites to convert flv (youtube) urls online

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mr_fitz, Jan 12, 2008.

1. mr_fitz

mr_fitz Member

I have hit quite a few dead ends looking for sites which convert a youtube link to an alternate format for offline viewing.
    To clarify the site must:
    1) ask for a url (youtube)
    2) convert the video to some alternate format (i.e., NOT just a script to retrieve the flv file.
    3) produce a link for you to download the resultant file (preferably the user should NOT have to provide their email)
    4) be free.
    5) be popup free
    (tall order?)

I searched here and found more dead ends (maybe I didn't look hard enough?)

Can people post their favourite websites that do this.
    I just tried zamar.com but it has two knocks - popups and requests your email address. It did a nice job of converting flv to avi (mpeg 1 according to avicodec) though.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. mr_fitz

mr_fitz Member

Exactly what I wanted! But I cannot seem to get anything to convert at the moment. An error suggesting that youtube might be down (it isn't). I used one of my own videos then the sample one suggested on the vixy.net itself http://youtube.com/watch?v=J7JmsMMIR4Y. It cannot seem to connect to the youtube server using IE7. In Firefox 2.0 I get a header error.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Don't ask me. The site says it is still in BETA so try the contact email if ya like:

Hope it works out for you or you find something else.