1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shareaza connection problems

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wavegravy, Jan 19, 2008.

1. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

recently tried to upgrade to version 2310. When I started shareaza, computer would crash. Went back to older version of Shareaza and now I can't connect. Before I tried to upgrade, everything worked great.I'm using windows xp sp2

2. chef1983

chef1983 Guest

yeah..I know what you mean. I just recently upgraded to shareaza 4 and they wanted me to pay or something...it was too complicated. Anyway...I uninstalled it and now I cant connect to edonkey. I can connect to gnutella just fine. Its really bizzare. Does anyone know what happened?

3. Aarbyy

Aarbyy Member

Well, Something is going on with Shareaza and it's not nice. I came here to see what others might know.

But I should remind folks that anyone who asks for money for a file sharing program is up to no good. They are all (to my knowledge) free programs. Shareaza is certainly free.

Apparently Shareaza's website has been taken over and a (or some) fake Shareaza clients have been produced. SourceForge is where I go to get a safe Shareaza download and a hint about what's going on.

However, Whoever they have communicating to us there either doesn't use English as a first language or he/she is illiterate. I have no problem with either. But if you're communicating to me in a professional capacity, and if you want me to believe that you're legit, then, when you use the English language, you had better use it a lot better than whoever that was did. The signal (What we will rightly infer from the clunky communication) is negative. It may be positive that it emanates from SourceForge, but still...

I really can't tell what the Shareaza rep is saying at SourceForge. That's why, as I noted, I came here. And now, I'll check out some other sites to see what others might know.

4. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

just want to note that I figured out how get the older version of shareaza {2.2.1.0.)to work .

5. Aarbyy

Aarbyy Member

The last time I used the latest Shareaza, it worked fine.

I might also note that there's a thread about the problem with Shareaza at Slyck. Everyone's scratching their heads wondering what's going on, although they know a little bit more there than I do.

I love Shareaza. I had a problem with a few versions out before the latest. The hashing would freeze. I stopped using it mostly because I just didn't like that I had to select 'no sharing' in order to use it. The latest Shareaza works great for me, even though I rarely use it. I don't use the bit torrent feature however. I've been using Bit Tornado for a long time and it has served me well.