1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared media folder Crashing

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JuJu78, Oct 20, 2004.

1. JuJu78

JuJu78 Member

My Shared media folder keeps Crashing back to desktop is it because i have xp sp2? possibly? ... i'm not sure what to do could i remove sp2 and keep everything else running ok?......i have searched all over google etc trying to find a solution.... as for my other problem with the aspi yes i did try and help someone out and yes it has totally messed things up lost as to what to do about it....

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

~~smiles !!

You didnt have to start a new thread with the same problem you started here :- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/117662

When you have a PC that is so messed up that weird things like you are having are popping up -- you have but one choice and that is start all over !

~~Save all things you consider worth saving and do a complete re-installation of your O/S --

If you have a DVD-RW you can use it to save almost 4.5G of important data you may have gathered over the years ; next step is to clean that HD up , that's where the formatting is needed ( re-installing over the troublesome mess you have is only gonna bring you more problems ).

A Clean Install ! That is reformat your drive and put that Windows CD in to put Windows back in.

Once you have done this rather tedious task , may I suggest you use your Nero Software to backup your PC Image -- before installing all the goodies -- , so that if it ever happens again you will have something to fall back on.

3. JuJu78

JuJu78 Member

My last thread was to do with wnaspi32.dll this thread is to do with sp2..... =).... my pc isnt that bad.... im installing a new processor ect in the next few months and will get a complete reinstall then... as for things popping up? i have nothing popping up... i have heard that sp2 conflicts with media? i was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Your last thread referred to all kinds of popups giving you problems -- even here you are saying

My guess is you are looking for an easy way out ! Windows Xp SP2 can be easily removed -- just do a roll back in your System restore.! Many people have SP2 installed and are not having problems -- !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  5. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

Before you try a reformat & complete reinstall of Windows, first try a Windows repair.

I forget the complete procedure, but you reboot with your original Windows disk inserted. Thereafter, when it boots to the disk, you will be given a couple of options to select. One of them should be an option to repair. Basically, it scans your Windows files & replaces missing or damaged windows files.

If that doesn't work (or I got it wrong), go to the Microsoft website & hunt around for their email tech help. A Microsoft techie will give you step-by-step instructions. If a repair doesn't work, they will give you the same advice as Jeanc1, a complete reinstall of Windows or a parallel install.

If that doesn't work, just be patient until you upgrade & reinstall in a couple of months. At that time, I suggest you do all of your Windows updates, SP1, SP2, etc., before installing your other software.

I also suggest installing Roxio GoBack as the very first program before installing any of your other software. It has saved my arse a few times when Windows rollback refused to rollback.