1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sharing files with ps2 and cpu on a network?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Player816, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Player816

Player816 Member

i made this thread before but didn't make the topic detailed.. so maybe people will actually read this and i can get a response..

i've bought the hd advance it should be here in the next few days, i already have a network adapter and a 80 gig seagate hdd. i have them already installed in my ps2. i also have my computer and the ps2 networked through a hub, and then to my shitty satellite connection. is there something else i can use to share my hard drives through my network? so that i can pull files off of the ps2 hdd and onto my computers.. in case i run out of space and i want the games i play more on my ps2 hdd, and store the other ones on my cpu? then switch them back if i want to play one that i have stored on my cpu?

i don't want anything that's going to have me break the seal on my ps2.

thanks for any responses.

2. rowdan

rowdan Member

well i know if you put the HD in your PC as a slave you can use program like "Winhiip" to transfer games to and from the PS2 HD

3. Player816

Player816 Member

in the last release it says 'no networking yet' so i'm guessing it doesn't work?

http://forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22748

V1.6.3
    One minor bug removed and quite a few little enhancements.
    Still no networking yet, but soon I hope
    See the "Readme.txt" in the zip for more info on the new bits.

4. Player816

Player816 Member

i finally found a thread that explains how to transfer files from your cpu hdd to your ps2 hdd through a network.. not having to remove it and put it in your cpu and then switching it back again. if anybody else is having this problem you can find your answers here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122897