1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LC32RA1E - Is This The 1 ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by tmwtp, Dec 30, 2007.

1. tmwtp

tmwtp Member

hey all,

i hope this is the right place to ask my q ...

i am at the search for the best lcd screen for my home.

i need the best screen for "noraml" t.v broadcast...

ill explain - it should be hd ready with scart ( the best input for noraml t.v broadcast ) - 2 hdmi are better than 1 :0)

so ... im just asking ... does anybody know another model

with the same specifications like the Sharp LC32RA1E and even

better ?

thanks anyway,

TMWTP

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

any lg or sony bravia .

3. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I will try to help the best I can as I am from Australia and we don't get that model here. First I just want to clarify a couple things...

1) Is 32 inch the size you have decided on? As that is the size of the panel you posted.

2) When you say normal TV, do you mean digital or analog broadcast? All of Sharp LCD's come with a digital TV tuner built in.

3) Are you aware that the resolution of the TV you posted is 1366 x 768? While that is higher than normal definition, it is still not full HD (1920 x 1080). Although for a 32 inch you probably wouldn't need full HD. Also, it seems Sharp don't even make a 32" full HD LCD.

4) What is going to be connected via scart? Why is that the best input? Scart is not the best input as it is still analog. The best is HDMI, DVI etc. as they are digital connections.

On a positive note... You are looking at the right brand. I spent about a year of research before buying a LCD TV. I bought a Sharp Aquos 46" full HD panel. My research proved to me that Sharp make the best LCD's. Samsung, who are also making innovative LCD's are using Sharp's technology inside their LCD TV's. However, I would guess that the model you posted is a lower range model. I know Sharp make 32" panels with higher specs, including 2 x HDMI inputs which is something you said you wanted.

Like this one for example...

http://www.sharp.net.au/catalogue/products.asp?goto=LC32D53X

That is from the Australian website and is in Aus $$. So $1,999 would be about $1750 US. Also remember that is RRP... I know myself, I NEVER pay RRP... Always shop around and negotiate! :)

It will all come down to budget. If you can give me an idea of what your budget range is... I could suggest a model as I know most of their range quite well. Any questions, please ask away...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008