1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharpie vs. Sticky Labels

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by peart2112, Mar 13, 2007.

1. peart2112

peart2112 Member

I've burned quite a few discs & have applied sticky labels to the discs. I'm starting to have problems with these discs now. (Skipping, freezing, etc).
    So, I'm wondering if I write on the discs with a Sharpie instead, if the weight of the ink will possibly make discs freeze too in my stand alone player (I'm not sure how sensitive they are).

2. blake123

blake123 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  3. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Peart2112: I had this same problem. After using labels for a while they skipping and froze in some DVD players, and in others they were perfectly fine. Now I just use a Sharpie, and it works great. I plan on eventually getting a disc printer though.

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Sticky labels will trash a disc, regardless of claims of whether the labels are designed for CD/DVD use or not. Not only can the adhesive eat away the disc's protective coating, but it also causes balance and thickness problems. As others have pointed out, either use a Sharpie or use inkjet-printable discs and an appropriate printer.

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest