1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shellshock: Nam' 67 Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ashman1, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

Has anyone been able to back up this game? I tried backing it up using DVD Decryptor and Ritek media and burned 1x and can't get it to load up. I have backed up over 50 games, so I pretty much know what I am doing. When I insert the back up (after using SMD), my PS2 starts making ticking noises and nothing happens. I though it might be my laser, but all of my other back ups work great. Please help; I have already wasted two blank discs (thinking the first back up was bad). My signature below states what I am using.

Thanks

2. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Same here...I cant get shellshock, Star wars battlefront or burnout 3 to work and those are all 3 NEW games. Have they changed something on the disks? I havent tried swapmagic yet, I have only copied them to my hdadvance hard drive. All my other games on there work so I dont know whats different about these games. Well dangit i just noticed my sig wont work....blah
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  3. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

I was able to backup Star wars Battlefront and Burnt Out 3 with no problems. Used DVD Decryptor & Nero with generic DVD-R media.

4. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

ARe you using swap magic dvd disk or hdadvance/hdloader?

5. cdub998

cdub998 Member

Hd loader on burnout 3 you have to enable one of the compatibility modes for it to work. Use select to access them.

6. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Is that like the 5v3 thing with true crime? How do I go about doing the compatibility thing on my hdadvance?

7. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

This game sucks anyways. I played it for 5 minutes and didnt think it was worth backing up.

8. Kiddo15

Kiddo15 Guest

What'z up, all. I've been able to backup Shellshock and Burnout 3 using DVD Decrypter & Nero with TDK disks, I don't have any probs.

DVD Decrypter & NERO
    Swap Magic w/Slide Card
    v7 PS2

9. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Hmmmm I guess I willjusthave to use the swap disk for these games. Thats cool though.

10. cdub998

cdub998 Member

You are supposed to hit select in the hdadvance to select compatibility mode. I use winhiip on my pc and do it that way. My burnout 3 works great.

11. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

OH ok I will try that then.....lol

12. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Whats the difference in the compatibility modes when you hit select on the hdadvance? Which one does what?

13. scorsese

scorsese Member

Hi all,

I was able to Shellshock Nam '67 working.
    To get this to boot up you will need ISObuster, CD/DVD Gen, and something to build ISO files. I personally use MS-DOS because I already have that on my computer and it is really easy and I don't need to get antoher program. Also you will obviously need DVD Decrypter or RecordNow Max or a similar program to burn the game.
    For this guide I will be speaking of RecordNow Max beacuse that is what I used.

First I created a .GI file using RecordNow and saved it to my hard drive.
    Then I used ISObuster to extract the ISO I extracted the files to a folder on my desktop titled shellshock.
    Open up CD/DVD Gen and when the New Projecy window opens click DVD-Rom master disc then click OK.
    Then I placed each file from that folder into the CD/DVD generator in the EXACT order they appeared in ISObuster.
    Click on Volume in CD/DVD Gen
    Where it says Disc Name type SLUS 20828
    This part is important, you should have a file that you placed in CD/DVD gen that is either titled SLUS-208.28 or something similar. Whatever that file is you need to type that in under disc name WITHOUT the ( . ) I have the NTSC version, I believe the PAL version is SLES 208.28, but don't hold that against me if that is incorrect.
    Hit record
    It will then ask where to save to
    Type shell and OK
    You will probably recieve 2 error messages hit OK and disregard them both.
    When you get to the next window hit file then export image.
    Type in shell for the file name and save it to C:
    do not put it in it's own folder or on the desktop create it on C:. It is easier to do this for future use.
    It will then create the image.
    Once it has completed you should have three files
    shell 000 shell 001 and shell 002
    at this point click on the windows start button and click run
    type cmd and hit enter

The MS-DOS screen should appear

type cd c:\

you can copy and paste it if you like

that should bring you to

C:\>

at this point either type or copy and paste

copy /b shell.000 + shell.001 + shell.002 shell.iso

please note thAt you can only paste this into MS-DOS if you named your files are shell 000 shell 001 etc.
    if they are named something else type that in place of shell.

hit enter

at this point you should see

shell.000

after a few minutes

shell.000
    shell.001

then after a few more

shell.000
    shell.001
    shell.002

then it will say after completion

1 file copied

At this point open up whatever buring program you use.
    I used RecordNow Max.

Burn the single ISO files that was created onto DVD
    boot it up.
    I have a flitop V10 and use SM V 2

No other Dvd loaders or swaps are needed.

It should load up almost as quick as there original and play flawlessly with no skips.

Also I use Memorex DVD - R

Hope this helps but after I burnt thre coasters of this game myself I tried this method and after it worked I just assumed other were in the same coaster burning routine. So if anyone has any problems or questions please post them here. I work during the day so I may not be able to get back to you til the evening.

Good Luck and hope this helps.

14. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

why go thru all of that. i have a v7 and shellshock nam works great. using swapmagic dvd

15. shola

shola Guest

Yea all i did was burn it and use my swap magic disc no dvd loader no mod and it works fine i have a v10 ps2 with swap magic and hdadvance 120gb hd i put it on mode 3 so it works fine for me

16. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

Awesome!!! the above described fix DOES work for LOTR - third age, and that was after I had mounted it from the alcohol-image download, decrypted to ISO from virtual drive. This is a GREAT FIX for these newer game issues.

Thanks to scorsece and Andrew!!!!

17. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

I am using the above-described method for Killzone, and ran it through, and the ISO I came out with is the exact file size as the original ISO before the DVDGen/etc. Is that right, or is it just a waste of time with this game?