1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shhhh Quiet PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by haimback, Mar 1, 2005.

1. haimback

haimback Regular member

As im usually downloading a movie/game etc or converting files i like most of you leave the comp running for days on end.This is fine until i try to sleep and have to listen to the fans all night :)
    So iv done something about it and ordered myself an accousti case - which is completly soundproofed. just wondering has anyone used the case before or something like it? Heres a link to the case if anyones interested http://www.quietpc.com/uk/cases.php#acc6606

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

not bad, except I think the cases are rather ugly. It would be pretty easy to buy some 1" foam and insulate a stock aluminum case like that though...

3. haimback

haimback Regular member

Yeah ur right its not going to win any beauty contests is it? - but then thats not why i choose it.The design helps keep it cool so it also lets me choose fans which are designed to be quiet rather than for cooling.I think if you just pile foam into a normal case it's going to get a bit hot.Anyway it should arrive today or tomorrow so il il let you all know how it works out.