1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shining Tears

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by titch71, Apr 1, 2005.

1. titch71

titch71 Guest

Folks,

I was wondering if anyone that has shining tears could tell me if the DVD is constantly being accessed during the game i know other games do this like GTA SA and can understand why but shining tears doesn't exactly seem very memory hungry to require reading the disk all the time.

Cheers

2. titch71

titch71 Guest

Strange thing it stopped after i loaded from a save game. Could anyone also confirm if the characters talk when the speech bubbles appear or if it is text only.

I am using Swap Magic 3.3 and have tried using DVDloader 5v3 no pn as per swapmagicfix site for SM2.0/3.0 but this makes no difference

3. titch71

titch71 Guest

Confirmation this is ok after a save ie once you bypass the very start! Anyone noticed similar issues or does it reappear later.

4. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

I’ve made 2 copies of this game using 2 different dvd-r brands burning at 1x but it loads a black screen after the swap magic screen. Does anyone have this similar problem or know how to fix this? I’m using the old 2.0 swap magic by the way.

5. titch71

titch71 Guest

check out www.swapmagicfix.com i think it needs cdloader to work

6. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

shining tears does constantly trying to read the disc from the beginning you put the game in. so it's better if you put them in the hdd. other than that, it's a good rpg game.

7. titch71

titch71 Guest

cheers azn_kda i was wondering if it was trying to load speech for the speech bubbles and not able to find the information for some reason. I've haven't played it much yet. I saved the game as soon as i was able to and after that the constant disk access stopped now it only accesses the disk when it is loading different pictures of people. It may go back to this further in the game and i am sure the review states that loading times are terrible poor programming i guess.

8. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

Thanks for the info on cdloader, but I guess I'm screwed b/c my system can't read cd-r's at all so therefore I can't swap. :(. Wonder if you know sm version 3.6 or 3.3 will fix this prob?

9. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

megagames.com usually have patches to fix games like this, but can't find one yet. Anyone knows of any place with patches for this game?

10. titch71

titch71 Guest

SM 3.3 Works fine with shining tears with me but you might not need that you can get a dvd version of cdloader.... dvdloader but its a bit harder to find you can get it from PS2NFO.COM i just downloaded it today to make sure i have a copy incase i need it in the future. I don't know if this will solve your problem but it should as it is basically the same program but on DVD. Mind and check which version you need on swapmagic fix as i think it depends on your ps2 version also.

11. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

Man, waste a whole separate DVd just for some 1mb file just to get Shining tears backup to work? I still might try it though. Are you certain at least 95% that it'd work on the dvdloader though? Thanks man!

12. titch71

titch71 Guest

If you use the correct version for your console then yeah i guess it would be worth it i have used the dvdloader to get baldurs gate dark alliance II to work. I reckon it would work as everything i have tried that is supposed to work for me so far has worked.

There are quite a few games now that need cd/dvdloader/cogswap to work with sm2.0/3.0 so i guess it depends on how much you want to spend. If you don't want to spend much then its worth a try for 1 dvd else go for SM3.3. I don't know if there are any issues with 3.6.

13. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

Sorry, for some reasons I couldn't get to this ps2nfo site. They banned my address for some reasons that I don't even know... Plus I can't even find a DVDloader for this shining tears game on google, could you please post the url and swapping directions? Thanks.

14. titch71

titch71 Guest

I think ps2nfo has banned almost eveyone for some strange reason don't think they are very popular in some circles.

If you private message me with your email address then i will send over the correct dvdloader depending on the version of your ps2

Shining Tears (DVD) USA

CDLoader - V1-6 FiX - OPTION 5v3 NO PN
    CDLoader v7 ALL - V7+ FiX - OPTION 5v3 NO PN

15. LuKeFire

LuKeFire Member

You must the ISO image Rebuild then function the play perfectly without CDLoader!!

[bold]Here the guidance like it is made:[/bold]
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/lukestorm/ISO Rebuild.doc

[bold]If the Download with one do not linkclick functioned then rightclick<Safe under>[/bold]

I hope I could help!

16. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

Thanks LuKeFire , I'll give it a try using this guide when I've free time since I think I've seen this guide before and I think it can also be use to convert cd games onto dvd games (I've ps2 cd games that don't work also).

For now, titch71, can you send me a Sh T dvdloader for ps2 version 4-5 (I believe). Here's the add vnt_3000atyahoodotcom. Thanks!

17. titch71

titch71 Guest

gr_wisdom ave sent them over just now the file is just over 1mb some hopefully you will get it soon

cheers

titch

18. Lexiticus

Lexiticus Member

Ya Mine does the same thing (I have a Messiah Chip)

BUT i saved and loaded and its still ticking away like theres no tomorow.

I used alcohol 120%. Going to try with DVD Decryptor next, cause the game looks really good so far.

19. titch71

titch71 Guest

The ticking seems to come back once you go into battle it's a pain in the backside but looks like it is meant to be like that, ps i used dvd-decrypter so i cant see it making a difference. I also tried using cdloader and it diodnt change a thing.

20. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

This game seems like it was intentionally designed & meant to be an avg. or below avg. game. The game's so linear so far and graphics is so outdated& has very poor programming and c'mon, they could've put more effort into it, really.
    Only a select few would like this sort of stuff.