1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocked how good the quality was

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by nightrider1470, May 22, 2012.

1. nightrider1470

nightrider1470 Member

Hi :) I sourced a BDrip the other day and when playing it on my 92" projector I was shocked how close it was to true blueray. Am sure the file was only 720p at around 3GB and my WD HD live upscaled it to 1080p, but still I found it hard to tell the difference!!

I have been buying my blurays and backing them up and storing on large hard drives, at around 30GB a file am always running out of space!!...

Are these rips as close as what I witnessed the other day or was my mind playing tricks on me?

:)

2. risin888

risin888 Member

My experience of BD Rips is that they can indeed by very very good but much depends on who rips them and how much care or effort they take. I'm not sure how they stack up if you were to examine the data against a full blu ray but in reality I often cannot tell the difference. I use files from one particular ripper who works on around 2gb files and honestly you cannot tell the difference. A superb alternative to huge sized back ups in my opinion.

3. hogger129

hogger129 Member

Buy DVDFab and rip them with that. I have found that this does them the best.